DS-160 help with a couple of Q's

Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Leo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really nice
Default Re: DS-160 help with a couple of Q's

Wow! Congrats!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Leo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really nice

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED

I could not be happier.

I have lived in London my entire life and now I get to try something new. I am getting a great boost to my career and - most importantly - I get to be with my loved one.

My appointment was 8.30am and I was out by 9.05! I have just resigned from work and will work my notice period effective today. Just have to wait for the passport to come through now, hopefully towards the end of next week.

Thank you all so much for your help, support & advice.

Peace,
Leo
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leo_Loves
APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED

I could not be happier.
WooHoo!

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

scoobysnacx is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Leo!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks folks
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

richardi734 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news Leo, no news on mine unfortunately. So how did the boss take it? I have to tell mine before I get the visa as will need experience letter soon.

So when are you off mate? In time for Xmas?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysnacx
My H1B was approved last Thursday and my passport was delivered back this morning (Wednesday), flying to US on Monday.
Congrats.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks dude! Sorry to hear you're still waiting.

My boss knows about my US love and so he's happy for me but he's also gutted to lose me and wishes he had more than a few weeks notice to find a replacement.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Same story with me really, I have been out there loads and love it, I have worked for my hopefully future employer for a few months over the years. How did you manage to only have to give a weeks notice?

So I best let you book the flight, hope you keep the air miles. So when are you off?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't have one weeks' notice, I have three but he was saying he wished he had more than that.

I'm not gonna book my flight until my passport is in hand (hopefully next week) and I've checked for misprints etc. I'll go out in exactly 1 month
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Very sesnsible waiting for passport. I bet your girlfriend is over the moon too. So you will be there for Xmas.

My company have asked for more details at last, is it right to ask for UK salary details?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, my gf is thrilled. She'd just started to have a bit of a hard time at her job but now this news has shifter her focus away from that and she's super happy.

That's good news about your company! Today is a good day, evidently :0

I'm not entire sure of what the deal is in the UK and the US about asking for current salary, I think it's generally considered not appropriate. The appropriate way of going about it is:

1) Looking at new employees experience
2) Interviewing new employee to gauge him/her better.
3) Asking new employee what his/her salary requirements will be
4) Reviewing the above three points and comparing them to current employees and others in the industry.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

They have asked for my current uk salary which I think is not required.

They have also asked for every page of passport even though I have told them I haven't entered USA under a visa before. Did you have questions like this?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

No I didn't. I was asked my salary expectations, I voluntarily told them what I was currently on and that I was looking for more.

I was only required to send a copy of the photo section of my passport, it's strange that they're asking you to send the entire thing!