Document submission to the NVC

Old Mar 5th 2015, 8:10 am
Just Joined

PaulCaulder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Document submission to the NVC

I am in the process of collecting documents for submission to the NVC. I have a UK Police Certificate with "No Live Trace" from an historic DUI in 1999.

Am I now required to obtain a court record for this conviction? The US Department of State indicates that I do, however, clarification would be extremely useful as initial enquiries have indicated that the court record may no longer exist.

Any assistance would be useful.

Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2015, 10:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document submission to the NVC

Originally Posted by PaulCaulder
Am I now required to obtain a court record for this conviction?
Yes... or a SAR or an MOC.

... initial enquiries have indicated that the court record may no longer exist.
Even if they don't exist, you must demonstrate your due diligence in trying to obtain them... such as getting a letter from the court indicating the record no longer exists.

The offense was over 15 years ago so I don't think it's likely to be an issue for you at the interview, but you must still make the attempt to get hold of the records.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:06 am
Just Joined

PaulCaulder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Document submission to the NVC

Thanks Ian, that was very helpful.