Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I really Need Entry Clearance? Got ILR

Do I really Need Entry Clearance? Got ILR

Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

sherazar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I really Need Entry Clearance? Got ILR

I am new to this forum and looking help from friends.

My friends just need to know that do i really need entry clearance from Embassy if got ILR from UK and lost passport in Pakistan. Got new passport and already applied in returnign resident category but didnt get response yet after 1 and half month in returning resident category as guided by embassy. Spoke to embassy and they told me case is reffered to HO London.

I was checking UKBA website and find out that retruning resident dont need entry clearance if they got ILR and want to come back to UK after a short trip but they didnt mentioned any thign what happen if ILR holder lost their passport. I have got copies of my ILR.

According to UKBA website those who stayed outside uk for over 2 years time they need entry clearance and they can apply in returning resident category.

Can i travel on new passport with no ILR on new passport just got copies of old passport showing i got ILR.

How long a refferal response come back to Post ?

Please help
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I really Need Entry Clearance? Got ILR

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter20/

But whether an airline will be happy to carry you back to the U.K. is another question.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:12 am
Just Joined

sherazar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I really Need Entry Clearance? Got ILR

Yea airline is a problem aslo a local immigration officer how will they allow us to pass immigration