H1B Interview!

Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

ARNIKEFI is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile H1B Interview!

Hey All,

Left Oxford at 5.20 this morning for the US Embassy at Grosvenor Square for my H1B interview at 8.00 am.
Was first in line with my seventeen year old son at about 7.10 - deposited our mobile phones, ipods and electronic key fob at a pharmacy about 200 meters from the embassy for £5.00
Went through security at about 7.35 and was given ticket number 1000.
Whilst waiting to be called Daniel Craig with his arm in sling was shown in and directed to one of the windows (I bet he didn't have to queue outside)!
During this time we had our forms checked to make sure everything was in order.
Our number was called at just before 8.00 (probably the best time slot you can get) and we went over to window number 6 to have our finger prints taken and were asked a few questions.
Whilst being questioned Matt Lucas in a baseball cap and not wearing his familiar lycra outfit passed us on his way to one of the lower numbered windows - probably a special window open for celebs!
Because of a criminal conviction 23 years ago and a police caution that my son got when he was 15 we were told that we would be waiting a bit longer than normal.
At about 9.00 we were called to window 17 around the corner and were questioned further by a very nice lady (American) who then told me that she would issue my visa as my conviction was so long ago.
I still have to get a Police certificate for my son to the embassy and his application will be accepted as well.
She then told me that she had been told by one of her colleagues that his (James Bonds) eyes really are that blue!
I have to say that the whole experience was more pleasant than I had expected.
I am now waiting for my passport and Visa to be delivered.