divorce before I-751

Old Jul 19th 2005, 3:24 am
Just Joined

babigik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default divorce before I-751

My story is:
Married to USC - 10,2000
Arrived to US - 12,2000 that day i got my CGC
Husband (USC) said " I don't love you any more and ask you for divorce" - 06,2001
Husband filed for divorce - 07,2001
I moved out from his house - 10,2001
Divorce was complited - 05,2002
Filed for waver - 09,2002

The marrige was bona fide from my side. When i arrived in US everything was fine. We never argue, we naver said each other bad words, we went out with his and my friends and so on. Of course, we made some mistakes, it was first marrige for both of us. Sometimes i cried, because he hurt me, sometimes he was angry with me, because i did something wrong. But when he told me he didn't love me any more, i was in shock.
I don't have many avidents for this marrige. When we were living together he was a student and we lived with his parents. I never asked him to add me to his account or credit card, of course. And of course, parents paid all utillities bills.
As avidents i have:
3 affidavits: 2 from our friends and 1 from his parents;
pictures;
greeting cards from friends and parents;
taxes for 1 year;
certificate of precana ( religious );
few e-mail letters.

My attorney told me i have a chance, but from many posts in internet i understood i don't have much chances. My attorney will go with me for an interview ( in two days ), but he never prpared me for it. He just told me : "Say the truth".

So, guys, from you experiance, what are my chances?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:10 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: divorce before I-751

Originally Posted by babigik
My story is:
Married to USC - 10,2000
Husband (USC) said " I don't love you any more and ask you for divorce" - 06,2001

The marrige was bona fide from my side. When i arrived in US everything was fine. We never argue, we naver said each other bad words, we went out with his and my friends and so on. Of course, we made some mistakes, it was first marrige for both of us. Sometimes i cried, because he hurt me, sometimes he was angry with me, because i did something wrong. But when he told me he didn't love me any more, i was in shock.
I don't have many avidents for this marrige. When we were living together he was a student and we lived with his parents. I never asked him to add me to his account or credit card, of course. And of course, parents paid all utillities bills.
As avidents i have:
pictures;
taxes for 1 year;
few e-mail letters.

My attorney told me i have a chance, but from many posts in internet i understood i don't have much chances. My attorney will go with me for an interview ( in two days ), but he never prpared me for it. He just told me : "Say the truth".

Dont feel down,
the main thing you are got married bona fide, and there are witneses of your marriage.
the fact that you dont have that many "joint" evidences i dont think would be a big problem, because you have explanation for that. He was student back then, lived at his parents place (by the way, you think that his parents would confirm that on the paper, if you ask them?)
The main thing, be honest, be confident, you have nothing to hide! and it is not your or his fault that it didnt work out, it happens all the time.
good luck!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maximus76
Dont feel down,
the main thing you are got married bona fide, and there are witneses of your marriage.
the fact that you dont have that many "joint" evidences i dont think would be a big problem, because you have explanation for that. He was student back then, lived at his parents place (by the way, you think that his parents would confirm that on the paper, if you ask them?)
The main thing, be honest, be confident, you have nothing to hide! and it is not your or his fault that it didnt work out, it happens all the time.
good luck!
Thank you for your reply. I am trying not to feel down, but still ....
I hope that fact, that me and his parents are good friends and that they support me in this case, will help me.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:26 am

maximus76 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your reply. I am trying not to feel down, but still ....
I hope that fact, that me and his parents are good friends and that they support me in this case, will help me.
then go and talk to them before your interview and get some kind of affidavit paper. Ask them to give you some kind of statement that they confirm that you and their son used to live at their house and that unfortunately it didnt work and etc.
It really gonna help, i am positive.
Good luck again!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

My story is:
Married to USC - 10,2000

As avidents i have:
pictures;
taxes for 1 year;
few e-mail letters.

Hi:

Trust your attorney on this one. Also, even if the waiver is denied, you have the right to renew it before an immigration judge in removal proceedings. Haven't lost one of those yet.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:15 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

My story is:
Married to USC - 10,2000

But when he told me he didn't love me any more, i was in shock.

That's a bit of a rough one, I feel for you.
I wonder if you had only got divorced after the conditions on your GC were removed, then this wouldn't be an issue. But clearly, who wants to be with someone who "doesn't love you anymore"
Best of luck!

~Sean~
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Guys, thank you very much for all your support.
Tomorrow, after an interview, i will right how it was.
I hope, everything will be fine.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: divorce before I-751

Guys, thank you very much for all your support.
Tomorrow, after an interview, i will right how it was.
I hope, everything will be fine.
Good luck ! and please return to post how it went!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Hello everybody!
I couldn't write you about my interview yesterday, because i was ixosted.
Me and my attorney came to INS at 1:00 ( appointment time). We were called in an 1.5 hour. I was exosted by this time: pregnancy, heat ( no air conditioning there). So, when i got in the room i looked as a death.
She asked me many questions:
Where did we meet?
How did we meet?
What i did in the country, where we met?
How did i worked there?
Where and when did we decide to get married?
Why did i left my job in that country?
Did he helped me financial?
Did i have sexual relashions with my husband in that country?
When did i leave for my country?
why my husband arrived to my country?
When did we get married?
How lond did it take to come to US?
Did i want to come to US?
Where did i leave in the state where i arrived?
Why did we get divorce?
Do i work now? ( I don't work because i am pregnant).
Did you re-married? (Yes)
Is your spouse USC? ( No)
Is he permanent resident ( No)
Did you bring your marrige certificate ( with your new husband)? ( No)

Then she told me they need to review my case.
She put stamp in my passport ( processed for I-551) and validated it for a year.

My attoney thinks officer beliived me. And hopefully my application will be approved.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

She put stamp in my passport ( processed for I-551) and validated it for a year.

My attoney thinks officer beliived me. And hopefully my application will be approved.
Wow, what an exhausting ordeal! I just had a question...I thought the I-551 is the approval for green card. How can they give you the I-551 stamp and yet say they will review your case and not sure if it will be approved yet?

I thought I-551 = Approval. Am I wrong?

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

Her status as a PR with conditions continues until a decision is made on the application to remove conditions - correct? So this stamp documents that she still has her PR status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, what an exhausting ordeal! I just had a question...I thought the I-551 is the approval for green card. How can they give you the I-551 stamp and yet say they will review your case and not sure if it will be approved yet?

I thought I-551 = Approval. Am I wrong?

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rene,

Her status as a PR with conditions continues until a decision is made on the application to remove conditions - correct? So this stamp documents that she still has her PR status.

Regards, JEff
Ohhh, OK, I follow it now. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: divorce before I-751

Hello everybody!
I couldn't write you about my interview yesterday, because i was ixosted.
Me and my attorney came to INS at 1:00 ( appointment time). We were called in an 1.5 hour. I was exosted by this time: pregnancy, heat ( no air conditioning there). So, when i got in the room i looked as a death.
She asked me many questions:
Where did we meet?
How did we meet?
What i did in the country, where we met?
How did i worked there?
Where and when did we decide to get married?
Why did i left my job in that country?
Did he helped me financial?
Did i have sexual relashions with my husband in that country?
When did i leave for my country?
why my husband arrived to my country?
When did we get married?
How lond did it take to come to US?
Did i want to come to US?
Where did i leave in the state where i arrived?
Why did we get divorce?
Do i work now? ( I don't work because i am pregnant).
Did you re-married? (Yes)
Is your spouse USC? ( No)
Is he permanent resident ( No)
Did you bring your marrige certificate ( with your new husband)? ( No)

Hopefully you will receive your approval letter soon. Please come back to post your outcome, but it would greatly appreciate it if you were kind enough to e-mail me as soon as you get it as I might miss your post in this website, since I don't visit it as often as I used to. My e-mail address is: [email protected]. The reason why I am so interested in your case is because I kind of have the same case you have: a pending I-751 based on divorce, although I haven't remarried and other circustances are different.

Thank you, and again, GOOD LUCK!