Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

directions-by LIRR to Garden City NY

directions-by LIRR to Garden City NY

Old May 1st 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default directions-by LIRR to Garden City NY

Just wondering if anyone that has gone to Garden City recently can enlighten me. I had directions from an old post on this website, saying to take the Hempstead line and get off Hempstead, take a taxi to Garden City. But when I went on LIRR website, it has a stop for Garden City and you change trains in Jamaica. Did they just recently add a Garden City stop? Or are the OP's directions right and CIS is closer to Hempstead station? (never been there before). Sorry for my LIRR ignorance. But if anyone happens to know, great.
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: directions-by LIRR to Garden City NY

Originally Posted by grouchy
Just wondering if anyone that has gone to Garden City recently can enlighten me. I had directions from an old post on this website, saying to take the Hempstead line and get off Hempstead, take a taxi to Garden City. But when I went on LIRR website, it has a stop for Garden City and you change trains in Jamaica. Did they just recently add a Garden City stop? Or are the OP's directions right and CIS is closer to Hempstead station? (never been there before). Sorry for my LIRR ignorance. But if anyone happens to know, great.

Always wanted to say "USCIS Website is your Friend"

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...#Garden%20City

By Train and Bus:
Long Island Railroad - Board the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station, Flatbush Ave., Woodside Station, Jamaica Station or any other station in Queens. Woodside travelers may have to transfer at Jamaica.

Take the train to the Hempstead Station, the last stop on the Hempstead branch. Walk directly across Columbia Street to the Hempstead Bus Station. Take Long Island Bus N16 Roosevelt Field, N35 Westbury, or N37 Glen Cove (weekdays) to 711 Stewart Avenue. Call for Long Island Bus Travel Information at (516) 766-6722 or call the Long Island Railroad at (718) 217-5477.

By Subway:
From Brooklyn and Queens: Take the "F" train to 169th or 179th Street and Hillside Avenue. Take the Nassau County Buses N22 or N24 to Stewart Avenue, Garden City.

By Car:
Take the Southern State Parkway to exit 22N-Meadowbrook State Parkway North. Take the Meadowbrook Parkway to exit M3E Stewart Avenue. Stay to the right on Stewart Avenue. The office is on the right, # 711 Stewart Avenue.

Take the Northern State Parkway to the Meadowbrook Parkway South. Exit at Stewart Avenue exit M3W. At #711 Stewart Avenue.