Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Did anyone have trouble with vaccinations?

Did anyone have trouble with vaccinations?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Did anyone have trouble with vaccinations?

Im belonephobic (fear of needles and sharp objects)

ive read through the list of vaccinations required, and im absoulty petrified!

Im going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if i can be gased to sleep to have them - hopefully they can do this.

If not, am i facing a huge problem? There isnt any other way i can have a needle in the same room with me, so im really quite concerned about it.

Not only are the vaccinations a problem, but there is also the required blood test. does this HAVE to be done at the medical examination, or can your local GP do this too and i just give the results at the medical exam?

what have you/your partner done?
did you have any problems?

if i had the vaccinations done this month and the medical exam wasnt till say april, would they still count?

i'd rather get them out the way sooner then later

thankyou
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all
Default Re: Did anyone have trouble with vaccinations?

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Im belonephobic (fear of needles and sharp objects)

ive read through the list of vaccinations required, and im absoulty petrified!

Im going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if i can be gased to sleep to have them - hopefully they can do this.

If not, am i facing a huge problem? There isnt any other way i can have a needle in the same room with me, so im really quite concerned about it.

Not only are the vaccinations a problem, but there is also the required blood test. does this HAVE to be done at the medical examination, or can your local GP do this too and i just give the results at the medical exam?

what have you/your partner done?
did you have any problems?

if i had the vaccinations done this month and the medical exam wasnt till say april, would they still count?

i'd rather get them out the way sooner then later

thankyou
I have never liked needles and used to be much more afraid of vaccinations, but I have learnt to deal with them pretty well. I get nervous when I go to have them done. Are you having your vaccinations done in the US or UK? I had mine done in the US AFTER the medical exam and then gave the papers into the doctor who gave the medical exam once I'd had everything done.

I had most of my vaccinations done in one go and it took 5 minutes. Blood tests, TB skin test, Tetanus booster. Only thing I went back for was the HPV vaccination. It sounds horrible to have everything done at once, but If you're bad with needles, it's probably better to get them all out of the way in 5 mins.

I don't know if they would knock you out for the vaccinations, but I'm guessing not. Worth filling them in on your situation to see what that say, though. Someone else might have different/better information or advice for you.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Vaccinations can be done by your GP. Hopefully if not gas, he'd at least give you something to calm you.

The blood test has to be done at the actually medical I believe.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your phobia. How about hypnosis to cure your fear.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:56 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

The bloodwork , xray and medical has to be done at Knightsbridge doctors in London. They send the results to the US embassy in London. They are the only doctors that can do the medical in the UK for a K1 visa.Your visa will not get approved until they have the medical results.