Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Detail questions about I-485 form and others

Detail questions about I-485 form and others

Old Jan 30th 2001, 9:29 pm
christian

I am in final stages of filing out INS forms and have a couple of detail questions. The
forms I am filing out are the following I-130 I-485 I-765 G-325 (2x) I-864 I-131

To help here is a short bio. I am USC, my wife is a current resident on a J-1 (without HRR
restriction). We are filing for adjustment of status.

First one general question: my wife does not have a alien registration number since she
has not filed the I-130 yet. We are planing to file all the above forms at the same time.
How do we then fill out the numerous boxes asking for the A number? Do we leave it blank?
Do we write N/A or None?

G-325

Should the name of the applicant be written in (in the box) at the bottom of the
sponsor's G-325?

I-485

I read somewhere that different offices dealt differently with the requirement of the
medical exam. Does anyone know if at the San Francisco office the medical exam has to
happen before filing the I-485? Does my wife need to obtain police reports from the Swiss
authorities (this is where she was living before moving to the USA), and get one from the
local San francisco Police dept? Are these required at the time of filing? Does the
fingerprinting happen the day of filing, does that depend on the INS office?

I-864 aff. of support

Do three last pay checks count as proof of employment or does my employer need to write a
letter? Would it be a problem to file with 1999 as the last tax year since I have not yet
completed and filed my 2000 tax returns? If the minimum income requirement is met, should
I leave Part 4 blank?

Thank you very much for your help

Christian