Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Kaohsiung, Taiwan Police Certificate help!

Kaohsiung, Taiwan Police Certificate help!

Old Jan 30th 2001, 9:42 pm
BayouM28

Can anyone help me in getting a Police Certificate for no criminal record in Kaohsiung,
Taiwan for my finace who resides in the Philippines. She worked there for 3 years and has
no criminal activities just need to know if there is a reliable address are website I
could look at in getting this progress.

K-1 Timeline:

Bob & Girlie(Philippines)

Sent I-129F Jan. 12, 2001 Returned receipt- Jan 16, 2001 First NOA- Jan 18, 2001.

Now it's waiting time!!

Bobby

Old Jan 30th 2001, 9:59 pm
Alvena Ferreira

BayouM28 wrote:
> Can anyone help me in getting a Police Certificate for no criminal record in Kaohsiung,
> Taiwan for my finace who resides in the Philippines. She worked there for 3 years and
> has no criminal activities just need to know if there is a reliable address are website
> I could look at in getting this progress.
>
(from the 9FAM documents):
===
"Previous residents of Taiwan without Taiwanese passports may apply for a police
certificate by writing to: Foreign Affairs Division Taipei Municipal Police Department No.
96, Yen Ping South Road Taipei, Taiwan

The forms and instructions to request a police certificate are also available on the
Internet at http://www.tmpd.gov.tw/ Applicants should enclose a completed application form
(available from the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office (TECRO) and
Republic of China (ROC) Embassies), three 1-1/2" x 2" photos. Applicants should contact
either office for the fee schedule. No police certificate is available for previous
residents of Taiwan who were dependents of U.S. military personnel and covered by the
Status of Forces Agreement or persons resident in Taiwan prior to August 1945."

alvena