Desperate to live in USA

Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

karl259 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperate to live in USA

My wife and i are desperately looking for ways to live in the USA. WE are not rich, we do not have jobs or qualifications that would guarantee us a green card, and we are not eligble for a green card under the green card lottery scheme. I know its a long shot but does anyone have any ideas as to how we could get to live in the USA please? Thankyou

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 10th 2009 at 8:47 pm. Reason: don't know what happened w/those smilies...
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:02 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Default Re: Desperate to live in USA

You have stated a lot of what you don't have....

How about things that you might have in your favor ?

Assests? Current Occupation ? US Citizen Children or Parents ? Skills in Languages in the middle east and desire to join the military ? Anything else you think might help you ?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Iam afraid it,s more of what we dont have. No relationships to USA citizen, no tangeable assets. We run our own mobile dog grooming bussiness, and we have done for 8yrs. Befor that my wife was in electronics , servicing curcuit boards ect, i was a truck driver on long haul, covering all of europe, including Russia, Turkey, Greece ect. I also worked for Bridgestone tyres in F1 for a while.. We are honest and hard working, but that dont get you a green card!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I guess my questions would be why 'desperate'? What is it you think the US would do for you that other countries (that are easier to get into) would?
Then again, that topic has been done a hundred times over if it's been done once.
Canada is another nice option. Not 'easy' to get into either, but it may offer you an opportunity that the US does not.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that great here if you're short of money.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karl259
I know its a long shot but does anyone have any ideas as to how we could get to live in the USA please?
There are only so many ways to get a visa that'll allow you to live/work in the US. Start here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA. If none of these visas are viable, then I'm afraid you won't be coming to the US as anything other than a visitor.

I've got to stand with Meauxna on this... why are you "desperate"?

Ian
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

We have visited USA on a number of occasions and and travelled through a few states and like the lifestyle, culture ect. Also no country is total fun when you dont have a lot of money. But then life is what you make it, and although we all agree you need money it aint the b all and end all! I have been looking at Canada, may be a way in there but we are really seeking warmer climes. Desperate as in we love the USA and want out of blighty!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanx Ian will give it a look.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Ian will give it a look.
Or you can try the alternate, http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified, if you want. If you can't answer yes to any of them, then this board knows of no way you can live and work in the US.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We have visited USA on a number of occasions and and travelled through a few states and like the lifestyle, culture ect.
You need to know that there is a huge difference between visiting on occasion and living here. I'm not sure where you've been but things like lifestye and culture vary widely across the country.

That said, if you don't have much money, have no assets, and no university education (I'm guessing on this based on your "it's more of what we dont have" comment), you will find the US very discouraging - especially in the current economic climate. Jobs are few and far between, unemployment is at about 10%, and there are hundreds of thousands of people already here and able to work... people who don't need visas!

By all means, pursue the dream if you can... but you need to understand how incredibly difficult it's going to be for you.

Ian
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

a) My wife and i are desperately looking for ways to live in the USA.

b) WE are not rich, we do not have jobs or qualifications that would guarantee us a green card, and we are not eligble for a green card under the green card lottery scheme.

c) I know its a long shot but does anyone have any ideas as to how we could get to live in the USA please? Thankyou
a) Why?

b) Then you aren't getting in as anything other than a visitor.

c) There aren't any, sorry. Unless you want to go to college for 4-8 years and get a qualification that will make it easier for you to get an employment visa.

As you don't have money, you wouldn't want to come here anyway.....you're always one popped appendix away from bankruptcy. Think about how that affects your disposition during everyday life.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow on from the previous post. Have you thought about health insurance? Not something you need to stress about when visiting the US, but all consuming (both financially and metaphorically) when you reside here. Not all employers offer health insurance to their staff, so it is often up to the individual to provide their own. This can run to thousands a month. And to think I used to whinge about council tax

Good luck anyway.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We have visited USA on a number of occasions and and travelled through a few states and like the lifestyle,
Ahhh read returning to the UK and you will see that many Brits don't think much of our lifestyle. Too fanatically religious, too hectic, too slow *if from the south*, whatever.

culture ect.
We have a culture? Wow would you tell others here what that is please.

Also no country is total fun when you dont have a lot of money. But then life is what you make it, and although we all agree you need money it aint the b all and end all! I have been looking at Canada, may be a way in there but we are really seeking warmer climes. Desperate as in we love the USA and want out of blighty!
You've been here to the US as a vacationer. You don't know diddly about what it is like to live, work, raise a family, etc. in the US. You don't know squat all about healthcare, no employee rights, lack of vacation and/or personal paid time off, high cost of living, poor quality bread, bacon and chocolate.

Right now we may as well be in a depression instead of a recession. You're lucky if you are still employed. Raises are nearly non-existent, bonuses for the little guy is a memory, and finding a job that offers decent healthcare at an affordable price is almost as bad.

Stay in the UK. You have a business, you have income coming in and you can always vacation in a warm climate. Gount your blessings.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

forget it .... move to Rhyll
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and i are desperately looking for ways to live in the USA. WE are not rich, we do not have jobs or qualifications that would guarantee us a green card, and we are not eligble for a green card under the green card lottery scheme. I know its a long shot but does anyone have any ideas as to how we could get to live in the USA please? Thankyou
Not a good start I am afraid.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.