Deported...

Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:39 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deported...

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think it benefits quite a few people - all those low cost workers in factories and on farms provide cheaper products and cheaper produce. The middle class benefits from low prices at the working class' expense.
Possibly. But the quest for profits are now wiping out the middle class as well. We're becoming an oligarchy like the one our friends from the south were fleeing. It'd be funny if I wasn't crying.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I think FatBrit's points are spot on. He once said "No amnesty means no solution" and truer words were never spoken. It's not possible to simply round everyone up and send them south of the border, so enough of that talk (not on here, elsewhere). There needs to be a long term solution. Just throwing this out there - but how about making a real effort to boost the economy in Mexico (assuming we can sort ours out of course!)? Or providing visas for those who wish to work here but live in Mexico? I really wonder how many Mexican citizens truly want to LIVE here rather than at home ... is that really the case or is it desperation that sends them here?

I also struggle when people say - you should just apply the legal way - enough said. Let's face it, most of these people wouldn't stand a chance of getting in ...
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Possibly. But the quest for profits are now wiping out the middle class as well. We're becoming an oligarchy like the one our friends from the south were fleeing. It'd be funny if I wasn't crying.
Also it's allowing these manufacturers and producers to keep artificially high profit margins; the stock market would crumble if we kicked these people out.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:43 am

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

The point surely is that we should regularize their status with comprehensive immigration reform at the federal level. Then all the driver license and other stuff falls into place. All the rest is just applying bandages over the gaping wound.

At last something with which I can agree, in spite of having to read through all the drivel necessary to find it. And I do appreciate your narrow view of the problem, just not sure we could find common ground on the course of reform needed. You can keep those derogatory responses coming, my skin is as least as thick as you head.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Knows
The point surely is that we should regularize their status with comprehensive immigration reform at the federal level. Then all the driver license and other stuff falls into place. All the rest is just applying bandages over the gaping wound.

At last something with which I can agree, in spite of having to read through all the drivel necessary to find it. And I do appreciate your narrow view of the problem, just not sure we could find common ground on the course of reform needed. You can keep those derogatory responses coming, my skin is as least as thick as you head.
Do enlighten us, then.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:20 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
There's $50 BILLION in the US treasury from illegals paying tax using other people's social security numbers.
I always wondered if that means the 'real' #'s owner is quids (or dollars) in when they come to claim their benefit, either from retirement or death benefit for their family?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:22 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I always wondered if that means the 'real' #'s owner is quids (or dollars) in when they come to claim their benefit, either from retirement or death benefit for their family?
Nope -- the excess money at the annual audit is diverted into a big holding account. In the early days of this madness, the IRS would occasionally hassle the poor victim for extra tax. The fact you were working nine 40-hour jobs in seven different states from sea to shining sea didn't seem a reason to them that you shouldn't pay the highest tax band. These days (after Congress cut their balls off), they seem a little more understanding.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:59 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

There's nowhere to go with him since he stops dead when he gets to the illegal part. He's either not intellectual enough to realize, or is using this convenient scapegoat to mask his true feelings. Whichever, I don't really care.

Simply taking issue with your using the apartheid comparison, using fright labels is a common practice of the narrow minded left and right . I have not expressed a position on either side of the 'legal/illegal' issue.

Even an idiot like myself understands that there is an established underground system operating in parallel to support the illegal immigrant population. It takes a narrow minded boob to not understand, taking out 'illegal' would resolve the issue. How to accomplish this task should be charged to the more intelligent members of society, not myself and most surly not you.

Last edited by Lord Knows; Jun 6th 2008 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Sorry small typo
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:02 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I also struggle when people say - you should just apply the legal way - enough said. Let's face it, most of these people wouldn't stand a chance of getting in ...
It took FOUR YEARS from application to my VISA (by marriage) to be approved - and thousands of dollars in fees and lawyers fees as well.

Wifey had to come and live in england with me (Britain approved her VISA the same day she applied for it) because I was forbidden from entering America for those whole four years.

Understandably, I'm deeply resentful of amnesty for the people who break the rules and sneak across the border. I'm getting punished for obeying the rules - they're getting rewarded for breaking them.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:32 pm
Septicity

I have not expressed a position on either side of the 'legal/illegal' issue.
So busy repeating the mantra he doesn't know what he's saying. Here's what you wrote...
the legal part is an intractable element of the argument. Persons choose to obey the laws of the land or not, and live with the results of their choice.

How to accomplish this task should be charged to the more intelligent members of society, not myself and most surly not you.
Needs a father figure to order and run his life. There's a surprise.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:24 pm
Septicity

It took FOUR YEARS from application to my VISA (by marriage) to be approved - and thousands of dollars in fees and lawyers fees as well.

Wifey had to come and live in england with me (Britain approved her VISA the same day she applied for it) because I was forbidden from entering America for those whole four years.

Understandably, I'm deeply resentful of amnesty for the people who break the rules and sneak across the border. I'm getting punished for obeying the rules - they're getting rewarded for breaking them.
Sp how far do you think the last bill came towards trying to provide the right amount of carrot and stick?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that ... and maybe I'd feel the same way if they would be able to come in legally. But I guess I think for most of them its either illegal, or not at all. Plus it's more a matter of survival really - not just that they would like to live in the US.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same thing.

so what?

were you willing to walk across a desert to come here and pick cherries for a dollar an hour just so youcan be sure your kids won't go to sleep hungry?

no you weren't, so stop acting holier than though.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:50 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that ... and maybe I'd feel the same way if they would be able to come in legally.
Originally Posted by Manc
I did the same thing.

so what?

were you willing to walk across a desert to come here and pick cherries for a dollar an hour just so youcan be sure your kids won't go to sleep hungry?

no you weren't, so stop acting holier than though.
'Thou' I think it is, Manc!

Is it really that bad in Mexico? I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly don't know. I guess there's got to be some reason why people risk the desert to get into America. Every Mexican and South American person I've spoken to won't shut up about how lovely their country is.

And, anyway, Manc. Circumstances have meant that our deported neighbour's kid might well go to sleep hungry in any case. My wife actually got them a calling card so they could phone home and try and sort this situation out. His American so far isn't the best thing for his kid.

But I guess I think for most of them its either illegal, or not at all.
If my application has been rejected, it would have been not at all.

Maybe I'm just a stuffy old git, but I do believe rules are there for a purpose. I sympathise if life's so shitty in Mexico - but I don't think we should turn a blind eye to immigration simply because we feel bad about it.

If Mexico's such a dump, maybe it's time for a revolution. 10 million Mexicans seems like a pretty powerful political group to me. Why don't they sort their own country out, instead of trying to colonise ours?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

it's not just Mexico, and yes, some parts are that bad, it's not all Acapulco and Mayan Ruins. Having lovely scenery won't buy you corn.

it's Honduras, it's Guatemala it's El Salvador, it's Columbia, it's Haiti....

these people have nothing.

nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.