Deported...

Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deported...

I just don't think kids born here to illegals should have any right to stay. It might sound a bit harsh, but should be deported back to their parents home country with their parents and then when they turn 18 or 21 be allowed to apply for citizenship if they so wish.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
I just don't think kids born here to illegals should have any right to stay. It might sound a bit harsh, but should be deported back to their parents home country with their parents and then when they turn 18 or 21 be allowed to apply for citizenship if they so wish.
Nothing like making a couple of Constitutional amendments before breakfast, is there?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:50 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
We have two systems: one for the legals and one for the illegals.
Identify the social system which operates otherwise ? Apartheid was aimed at separating two LEGAL elements of society, was it not ?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Knows
Identify the social system which operates otherwise ? Apartheid was aimed at separating two LEGAL elements of society, was it not ?
It was aimed at separating society into two groups. The legal part is neither here nor there.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:23 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

He won't get deported unless he got himself in real trouble.. I've seen something similar happen. This (South African) guy I know gets pulled over for speeding and it turns out that he doesn't have a license either (cause he's illegal and unable to get one) spends the night in jail, gets told by the police to get rid of his car, end of story... I know his (also South African) wife well and she too was worried that they'd all get deported... I was quite shocked by the outcome but maybe the police has more important matters to take care of, illegals are needed in this country..
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:26 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by anabella
He won't get deported unless he got himself in real trouble.. I've seen something similar happen. This (South African) guy I know gets pulled over for speeding and it turns out that he doesn't have a license either (cause he's illegal and unable to get one) spends the night in jail, gets told by the police to get rid of his car, end of story... I was quite shocked but maybe the police has more important matters to take care of, illegals are needed in this country..
Depends where you are in the country. Some law enforcement hand over to ICE, some don't. It's high politics in Phoenix at the moment.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:42 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Fatbrit, how is this apartheid? The blacks in South Africa were in their home.
The illegals (from whichever country) have chosen to be despite the law.

This guy didn't care about the law, so it's no surprise that he doesn't obey other laws and gets DUI'd.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:44 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Hello everybody!

I'm sorry I haven't posted her in ages - been very busy getting things prepared for the arrival of Baby 'M' (because boy or girl, the name starts with 'M'.)

But something happened today that I had to tell my BE chums about.

Do you remember my inconsiderate neighbour? The one who parked so beautifully a few months ago?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_sBLxX3sph8M/...ad+parking.jpg

Well - he got deported last night (or, at least, he's in jail waiting to be deported.)

My wife has been trying to get an explanation from his missus (who doesn't speak english) but apparently he got picked up last night (in his uninsured, uninspected, unlicenced car) and was probably a bit tipsy (which explains his past parking.)

I can't say I'm really upset about that - I have no sympathy for the guy. I do feel bad for his wife and little boy, though. They're stuck downstairs all on their own - and she doesn't work (and rarely even leaves the house.)
You can't blame your neighbour for his parking Ginge. It's obviously the fault of the guy who put the signs up. The neighbour has just parked where the arrow told him to
Glad to see it wasn't you who got deported. I was worried there for a minute.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:51 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Fatbrit, how is this apartheid? The blacks in South Africa were in their home.
The illegals (from whichever country) have chosen to be despite the law.

This guy didn't care about the law, so it's no surprise that he doesn't obey other laws and gets DUI'd.
You're hung up on legal/illegal claptrap. If a country fails to actually enforce its laws for over two decades, it's not as clear cut as you think.

Look instead at the current situation (however it evolved) where we have two separate groups here in the southwest who have different systems for doing things. You're an American and want to buy a car, you do it like this. You're an EWI from south of the border, no problem but you do it like this. Want a cab? If you're legal, you use this company. If you're illegal, you use that company. The groups rarely meet and have their own separate systems and culture. We have apartheid in the US of A, folks!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:11 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

You're hung up on legal/illegal claptrap. If a country fails to actually enforce its laws for over two decades, it's not as clear cut as you think.

Look instead at the current situation (however it evolved) where we have two separate groups here in the southwest who have different systems for doing things. You're an American and want to buy a car, you do it like this. You're an EWI from south of the border, no problem but you do it like this. Want a cab? If you're legal, you use this company. If you're illegal, you use that company. The groups rarely meet and have their own separate systems and culture. We have apartheid in the US of A, folks!
I see what you're saying. I also have little sympathy for them.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, gotcha. I thought you were comparing SA and blacks with US and Illegal immigrants.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:25 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

It was aimed at separating society into two groups. [COLOR="Red"]The legal part is neither here nor there.

Quite the contrary sir, the legal part is an intractable element of the argument. Persons choose to obey the laws of the land or not, and live with the results of their choice.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:29 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Lord Knows
Quite the contrary sir, the legal part is an intractable element of the argument. Persons choose to obey the laws of the land or not, and live with the results of their choice.
Those who can't think for themselves might certainly get stuck on that point. It's easier than thinking, isn't it?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
Isn't that what basically happens anyway barring the Citizenship application? The "illegal" parent can't stay because the kid can't be a sponsor, so the whole family leaves, then the kid can come back when he/she is 18.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:50 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

That's very true.

What pisses me off is that even if you're illegal, there's nothing stopping you getting most of what you need to operate legally.

No licence? No problem, you can still get register a car (with 6 points of supporting documentation, which I had on me when I was only a tourist in 2001) and still buy insurance (Progressive don't require a SS number or valid licence.) Most illegals still choose not to.

They ignore immigration and traffic rules - who obey any of the other ones, either? Hence why my neighbour used to pilot his Pontiac while pissed. He was going to get arrested if he was pulled over anyway (plates from Pa., no insurance, no inspection) so might as well be hung as a sheep than as a lamb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.