Dentist Visit... HOW MUCH??!!!??

Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentist Visit... HOW MUCH??!!!??

yes the time zoning is a killer!

I need new glasses, and was told to wait till I go to Bombay to get them? wonder if i should look for a dentist there too?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
yes the time zoning is a killer!

I need new glasses, and was told to wait till I go to Bombay to get them? wonder if i should look for a dentist there too?
Well... glass do not hurt (except the pocketbook maybe). Bombay dentist sounds a bit scary - but maybe I'm just being a prejudiced yank!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:05 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask a silly question....

Is it worth having dental insurance ?....the only reason why I'm asking is that I seem to be breaking even every year, the cost of the treatment works out the same as the insurance..

Just pure curiosity mind....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Can I ask a silly question....

Is it worth having dental insurance ?....the only reason why I'm asking is that I seem to be breaking even every year, the cost of the treatment works out the same as the insurance..

Just pure curiosity mind....
I would think, if you're breaking even, you'd be better off with the insurance.

You wouldn't be paying anything more, and if something significant happened, you'd come out ahead.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:13 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I would think, if you're breaking even, you'd be better off with the insurance.

You wouldn't be paying anything more, and if something significant happened, you'd come out ahead.
Good point...having it for the "just in case" scenario....

Thanks

So how many cups of coffee have you had so far this morning....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good point...having it for the "just in case" scenario....

Thanks

So how many cups of coffee have you had so far this morning....
LOL not enough coffee actually.

I'm tired these days, I'm not sure there IS enough coffee
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:48 pm
Last orders please...

LOL not enough coffee actually.

I'm tired these days, I'm not sure there IS enough coffee
Your probably just tired from the stress of organizing your wedding and the fact that your guests are flying in from the UK doesn't help either...

The day will more than make up for it... and the stress of it all will be nothing more than a distant memory...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your probably just tired from the stress of organizing your wedding and the fact that your guests are flying in from the UK doesn't help either...

The day will more than make up for it... and the stress of it all will be nothing more than a distant memory...
Awww thank you

Yep, tired and stressed - but I'm getting there, it'll be fine.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:13 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukelaine
When did it suddenly become the thing to do all this work on Baby Teeth ??

My daughter just had three fillings and a crown, all on baby teeth.

she's 10 and probably 1/2 the teeth will fall out within the year anyway.

Is this all a big con and no parent will speak up, or, has there been some medical break through that baby teeth should be worked on until the last possible moment or bankruptcy, which ever comes first ??
It does seem like a con, and I don't know if it's something that is done in the UK???
I just went along with it and didn't question when my 6 yr old son needed his fillings (x5), and felt terribly ashamed like I was guilty of child neglect or something!!

His dentist told me to stop giving fruit juice through a straw, and to floss his back teeth (something I had not been doing, as I thought the teeth were well-spaced apart and didn't need it )

Apparently, not filling the cavities can lead to infection and all other sorts of nasty consequences.....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JEM3110
It does seem like a con, and I don't know if it's something that is done in the UK???
I just went along with it and didn't question when my 6 yr old son needed his fillings (x5), and felt terribly ashamed like I was guilty of child neglect or something!!

His dentist told me to stop giving fruit juice through a straw, and to floss his back teeth (something I had not been doing, as I thought the teeth were well-spaced apart and didn't need it )

Apparently, not filling the cavities can lead to infection and all other sorts of nasty consequences.....
That's true - if there are cavities, they can worsen, cause pain, etc.

So I can see why you'd treat a cavity in a baby tooth, if it was going to hang around for a while.

Interesting re. flossing - it does seem like the purpose of it is to get stuff out of the gaps. Whereas the purpose is really, to scrape stuff of the teeth themselves, before it can harden and form tartar (I think....)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Dunno if the British dentists are still having problems with their pay from the NHS, but y'all should bear this in mind when you go back for dental treatment - Last time I went to my Bristol dentist I found that he was not going to treat me under the NHS any more because it was so long since I had been before that I had fallen off his list, so I had to go private. Mind you it was still a damn sight cheaper than the US!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

If you're still on the books of an NHS dentist then I don't think it's a problem but getting into a new one is pretty much impossible I've heard. My husband had to pay £45 just to get the dentist to look at his teeth on Monday and is shelling out over £400 for a temporary bridge (I think that's what it is anyway - two false teeth for his missing front ones!).
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Good grief, where are all you folks finding these dentists?

16 fillings at once???!!!! I don't think so!

There must be some form of magnetic force pulling all the Brits towards the worst dentists in the nation - I have never in my life heard of such happening to any of the yanks I know.
Probably because they already know how much it will cost and don't take their kids in the first place !! LOL
That's why you don't hear about it, it's the SUCKER sign on the Brit's foreheads that give us away
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ukelaine
Probably because they already know how much it will cost and don't take their kids in the first place !! LOL
That's why you don't hear about it, it's the SUCKER sign on the Brit's foreheads that give us away
Seriously, I do think you folks are tripping over some maniacs.

And I'm sure we have some maniac dentists, just like other professions.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I do think you folks are tripping over some maniacs.

And I'm sure we have some maniac dentists, just like other professions.
I'm thinking the same thing. The amount of hostility on BE toward US dentistry is very surprising to me, but then so are the stories people are telling. To those of you who have had a difficult time, where/how did you find your dentist? Recommendations from friends, family, co-workers would be ideal. I've had excellent dental treatment in the US, and serious problems have been corrected. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the dentists who've worked on me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.