Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Old May 27th 2009, 11:47 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Originally Posted by therockSO
Is there any place I can do some further research on this topic?
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2005,0819-crs.pdf

http://www.visalaw.com/00dec3/12dec300.html
Old May 28th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

therockSO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Did the waiver option turn out to be a complete dead end for a non-immigrant visa? Even if he gets a B visa again, he can't live here on it (what he was doing before); you face the same issues as before.

If he wants PR status (said he didn't) then the routes for that are the same as they were before, and there is a waiver certainly for an immigrant visa.

I'm not sure what battle you're fighting here anymore...
We do NOT want permanent residency unless that is the only way to get him back into the country. As previously stated, just a retired UK citizen with the means to travel extensively in the US. We are partners, but do not forsee anything other than a partner relationship in our future. Kind of a wierd situation I realize.....dont want the responsiblity of a person I believe I will not marry......Confusing? YES. Love him? Yes. Want to marry and be responsbile for him? No.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We do NOT want permanent residency unless that is the only way to get him back into the country. As previously stated, just a retired UK citizen with the means to travel extensively in the US. We are partners, but do not forsee anything other than a partner relationship in our future. Kind of a wierd situation I realize.....dont want the responsiblity of a person I believe I will not marry......Confusing? YES. Love him? Yes. Want to marry and be responsbile for him? No.
I haven't read crg's links yet but I think special bills are only for granting PR status.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

How the heck to you find these things?? I have been GOOGLING forever!

This is the type of information I needed. Obviously, it sounds like we are not candidates based on what I have initially read here. I will continue to read and try to understand the process.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I haven't read crg's links yet but I think special bills are only for granting PR status.
I quickly read through his links, and will read in more details tomorrow. We are not against PR status, but that is not our ultimate goal. I think the problem is that we want something that is not possible....visiting the US on a B1/2 Visa with no restrictions (even a 90 day Visa)....as long as we abide by the time limits of the Visa
Old May 28th 2009, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

One further quick question on this subject....

If there is no set STANDARD by which immigration thinks you have spent too much time in the US, how are they able to enforce something that has no set standard?

Isn't that like posting a sign on the highway which says "SPEED LIMIT UNDETERMINED", and then pulling you over and giving you a ticket for speeding????

PS - See previous threads from (therock) and (therockso).
Hi:

This is NOT a speed limit type of thing. The analogy does not fit

On each individual application for admission, the applicant must satisfy the examining officer "clearly and beyond doubt" that one meets the definition of visitor found at 101(a)(15)(B) of the Immigration & Nationality Act. See INS section 240(c)(2)(A) for removal hearings. Burden of proof is on the applicant -- INA section 291.

The applicant must prove that
They have a foreign residence
They have no intention of abandoning that residence
The visit is temporary and
Is for business or pleasure.

There is a standard.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact the the US allows 90K refugees into this country every year, and that the majority are like the gentleman featured in this article. Yet, we get an order of removal. The more I learn, the less I want to know.
Hi:

You gave no prior indication that you had sought asylum or refugee status in the US. The Border Guards at the airport are actually pretty good at giving one the opportunity to apply.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You gave no prior indication that you had sought asylum or refugee status in the US. The Border Guards at the airport are actually pretty good at giving one the opportunity to apply.
Sorry if my message lead you to believe we had sought asylum (we did not not, nor would we ever do that). We/he does not qualify for that.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:40 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if my message lead you to believe we had sought asylum (we did not not, nor would we ever do that). We/he does not qualify for that.
I think he was being facetious.

When your SO was removed from the US they asked a few questions about any fear of returning to his home country. If your SO had claimed asylum at that time, he'd be in the slammer for weeks/months.

Refugees get permission before coming to the US. Asylees just show up. I have a lot more understanding for refugees.