Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Old May 27th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

therockSO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Denied Entry/Removal Order with valid B1/2 visa

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's correct. There is no set standard. It is up to each individual officer, on each individual trip, to determine whether at that particular time, you have spent too much time in the USA.

It's like in your analogy, you're going speeding along and one day one cop says welllll, you've got a clean driving record, there was no one else on the road, the weather is nice, I'll just give you a warning to be careful next time. But next time you do that, another cop says Hey, what do you think you're doing! You've done this before, it's rush hour traffic, and it's drizzling rain! Here's your ticket!

Same "crime" of going too fast, but different cops on different days with different circumstances.

Rene
I had seen a link somewhere on this site (thought it was in this thread actually) that mentioned something about a congressional sponsorship. Maybe it started with a "D"????????? Know this is vague, but trying to find that link again, and my searches are fruitless...any assitance?
Old May 27th 2009, 3:11 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by therockSO
I had seen a link somewhere on this site (thought it was in this thread actually) that mentioned something about a congressional sponsorship. Maybe it started with a "D"????????? Know this is vague, but trying to find that link again, and my searches are fruitless...any assitance?
Do you mean a private bill from a Congressman/woman? That is a pipe dream. Sorry.
Old May 27th 2009, 4:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that like posting a sign on the highway which says "SPEED LIMIT UNDETERMINED", and then pulling you over and giving you a ticket for speeding????
The state of Montana did exactly that. "Prudent speed" or something similar. There was no posted limit, people were expected to drive responsibly for the conditions at the time. If law enforcement saw that you were not, you got a ticket.

I forget exactly where you are, but what about a visa for Canada for therock? Of course it would mean keeping a 2nd home there.
Old May 27th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
The state of Montana did exactly that. "Prudent speed" or something similar. There was no posted limit, people were expected to drive responsibly for the conditions at the time. If law enforcement saw that you were not, you got a ticket.

I forget exactly where you are, but what about a visa for Canada for therock? Of course it would mean keeping a 2nd home there.
I am located in North Carolina. Not familiar with the Canadian visa you are referring to?
Old May 27th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg14624
Do you mean a private bill from a Congressman/woman? That is a pipe dream. Sorry.
I don't know, is it a private bill???? Just trying to research the topic, and exactly what is involved.
Old May 27th 2009, 5:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I am located in North Carolina. Not familiar with the Canadian visa you are referring to?
I was thinking of a closer place where the two of you could meet, outside of the US.
Jamaica sounds more fun!
Old May 27th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

This was an article in our local paper this weekend. I am bewildered!

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1540378.html
Old May 27th 2009, 6:37 pm

This was an article in our local paper this weekend. I am bewildered!

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1540378.html
Bewildered in what way?
Old May 27th 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Bewildered in what way?
The fact the the US allows 90K refugees into this country every year, and that the majority are like the gentleman featured in this article. Yet, we get an order of removal. The more I learn, the less I want to know.
Old May 27th 2009, 7:51 pm

The fact the the US allows 90K refugees into this country every year, and that the majority are like the gentleman featured in this article. Yet, we get an order of removal. The more I learn, the less I want to know.
Well it's comparing apples to mountains.. not related at all.

"Y-Phuat Enuol was thrown in jail by a communist regime in his home country of Vietnam. He has lived on the run in the jungle and in a primitive refugee camp in Cambodia. And for more than two years, he has been separated from his wife and seven children."

Surely you can't compare your situation with his? The world is your oyster, you two. There is a fix available for your sitauation via the country courthouse, you just don't want it. That's hardly comparable.

Keep looking until you find a solution that works, but don't deny others a chance for an actual life because .. well, I'll end there. But, perspective, please.

"People forced from their home countries by religious, political, racial or ethnic persecution are given legal refugee status by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees."

Last edited by meauxna; May 27th 2009 at 8:08 pm.
Old May 27th 2009, 10:13 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, is it a private bill???? Just trying to research the topic, and exactly what is involved.
A congressman can submit a private bill on behalf of an alien, but there are only a handful each year and some years they don't pass any of them. They are almost always for people already in the US fighting removal. I've never heard of one for someone who was outside the US.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

A congressman can submit a private bill on behalf of an alien, but there are only a handful each year and some years they don't pass any of them. They are almost always for people already in the US fighting removal. I've never heard of one for someone who was outside the US.
Thanks for this info. I have a few possible "connections", but certainly dont want to go down that road if it will certainly be a dead end. Just hoping that because of his police background in the Special Branch, that perhaps someone might see a redeeming value in the cause. That is why I was trying to find some area to research this avenue, before going that route
Old May 27th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Well it's comparing apples to mountains.. not related at all.

"Y-Phuat Enuol was thrown in jail by a communist regime in his home country of Vietnam. He has lived on the run in the jungle and in a primitive refugee camp in Cambodia. And for more than two years, he has been separated from his wife and seven children."

Surely you can't compare your situation with his? The world is your oyster, you two. There is a fix available for your sitauation via the country courthouse, you just don't want it. That's hardly comparable.

Keep looking until you find a solution that works, but don't deny others a chance for an actual life because .. well, I'll end there. But, perspective, please.

"People forced from their home countries by religious, political, racial or ethnic persecution are given legal refugee status by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees."
Certainly not trying to dismiss the position this gentleman was in, just trying to gain some perspective as it relates to our situation.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Is there any place I can do some further research on this topic?
Old May 27th 2009, 11:29 pm

Did the waiver option turn out to be a complete dead end for a non-immigrant visa? Even if he gets a B visa again, he can't live here on it (what he was doing before); you face the same issues as before.

If he wants PR status (said he didn't) then the routes for that are the same as they were before, and there is a waiver certainly for an immigrant visa.

I'm not sure what battle you're fighting here anymore...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.