Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denied B2 visa Twice, Travelling on approved ESTA

Denied B2 visa Twice, Travelling on approved ESTA

Old Jun 12th 2013, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

ST_Fund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Denied B2 visa Twice, Travelling on approved ESTA

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You have nothing to worry about. If you declared the 2 prior B2 denials and still got ESTA authorised, you're entitled to travel to the USA.
I considered this too before i went again to be interviewed.. but mine was only denied last week, cant see them letting me have a green light on ESTA after all i've been thru now.....the funny thing is the imigration officer 1st told us it'll be no problem once you go to the embassy yet it's been anything but that!!!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ST_Fund
... the funny thing is the imigration officer 1st told us it'll be no problem once you go to the embassy yet it's been anything but that!!!
He lied to you. He is allowed to lie to you.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Evidence of what? And what was the nature of this "evidence"?
... i had tons of evidence ...
Of course not. "backing"? What sort of "backing"? There's nothing that anyone, even a US or state Senator, can say that qualifies a visa applicant for a visa.
i also had a backing letter from a senator too and it made no difference...
Your descriptions of your experiences are very superficial, it's not possible to understand what's really going on. But it does seem, again superficially, that you or your daughter is spending or wanting to spend so much time in the USA that she is effectively wanting to or needing to reside in the USA.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jun 13th 2013 at 2:59 am.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Or, he innocently provided incorrect or misleading information. Which he cannot be held responsible for.

Different motive, same bottom line - tough nuggies.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
He lied to you. He is allowed to lie to you.

Ian
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

1988presence is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE!!!

so i have now returned from a LOVELY - almost - 2 weeks holiday from the USA.

despite all my fears and worries.. My trip was extremely smooth.. however i should add that my flight was the last of the day (arrived almost 12 midnight), hence the queue was extremely small... also, the system went down for about 30 mins which meant we had to wait... but they apologized and were quick and efficient once the systems came back up. (i guessed them just wanted to go home)

the CPB officer asked me about 3 questions - whats the purpose of your trip (holiday), what do you do (manager), what type of manager (---).. i suspected he already had this info, with the way he looked at his screen.. but overall.. the questioning lasted no more than 2 mins... and i let was let through with a smile and a 'have a lovely holiday'!!

thanks for the tips guys, *even though i didn't need to apply any**..

xxx
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Stazie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello my name is Nastazia and i have some questions .

My girlfriend has visited US twice now on an ESTA uk passport. One time in NOvember for 10 days and then in March for 2 months. This summer she went back to Cyprus , she also has a cupriot passport, and she moved back in with her mom and her passport got lost in the moving. SHe tried for a B2 visa on his cypriot passport on July 15th 2013 and got denied due to not showing strong ties to the homeland. She then found her british passport but went for a second interview for a b2 visa on her cypriot passport because we read that once your visa was denied you couldnt travel on the esta. SHe then gathered all the right paper work, time off from work, bank accounts, car he owns back home and went again for a B2 visa on September 18 2013 and again got denied. My question is is it still possible for him to travel in the USA? He will only stay here for 2.5weeks so we can see each other and then fly back home. Does he need to update his current ESTA in his british passport if his visa was denied in his greek passport? Any information would be helpful . Would she have some good chances to being approved if she still put in that she got denied?
Any information would really be helpful. Thank you

Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone
Old Sep 18th 2013, 8:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update ESTA and see
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

wayney is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just wanting to ask Bella brown if all was ok with your Esta when you visited the usa. My partner has a twice denied B2 which was 2 years ago but has been approved on Esta recently after declaring the previous B2 denials.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:04 am
Just Joined

My partner is quite a nervous person and I worry that he will find it difficult with the CPB officer in Orlando
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:05 am
Just Joined

When they deny someone entry is it a serious decision or on a whim ?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:08 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

They have to provide a reason, but the reason can be very thin. The suspicion of an intent to remain is sufficient to deny entry.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayney
When they deny someone entry is it a serious decision or on a whim ?
It depends. Sometimes when someone is turned away at the POE, they simply take the next flight home and they are free to try the VWP again in the future. Sometimes the POE officer makes a notation in the passport which specifically prevents further use of the VWP. There is no way to predict in advance what will happen.

The decision not to allow someone into the USA is not "on a whim", the POE officer has to have a reason. However, that can be ANY reason whatsoever, if the POE officer feels justified.

Why were the B-2 visas denied previously? Has he overcome those issues now?

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

The B2 were denied on 214 b. He arrived in the UK in 2010 and the last time he applied was in 2011 for a B2. nothing since. His circumstances have changed in that he now is both a British citizen and a British passport holder.
So the ESTA that was issued on the 21st November 2013 went into pending and then was approved. Presumably they checked him out manually in order to approve the ESTA? I also called homeland security when the ESTA was submitted so they could tie up with his denied B2s as he has changed his name by Deed poll and he wanted to ensure that they could trace him
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:24 pm

Not really. But failure of the alien to overcome the legal presumption of immigrant intent is sufficient, which fattens up most any reason for denial.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by civilservant
They have to provide a reason, but the reason can be very thin. The suspicion of an intent to remain is sufficient to deny entry.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayney
The B2 were denied on 214 b. He arrived in the UK in 2010 and the last time he applied was in 2011 for a B2. nothing since. His circumstances have changed in that he now is both a British citizen and a British passport holder.
I believe 214b is failure to prove non-immigrant intent, right? If the ONLY thing that's changed in his life is that he's now a British citizen with a British passport, he may or may not have the same issues at the POE. I was hoping to hear that yes, he's now established stronger ties outside the USA.

So the ESTA that was issued on the 21st November 2013 went into pending and then was approved. Presumably they checked him out manually in order to approve the ESTA?
I don't know to what level they do any background checks for the ESTA application.

I also called homeland security when the ESTA was submitted so they could tie up with his denied B2s as he has changed his name by Deed poll and he wanted to ensure that they could trace him
I don't know if that will have any effect or not.

Basically if he still has difficulty overcoming the 214b issue, it doesn't matter whether he's traveling on a B-2 or VWP....the issues are still there. All he can do is get to the POE and see what happens.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.