Delta gave fiance trouble...

Old May 10th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delta gave fiance trouble...

Originally Posted by Deedee13
. Delta is Northwest!!! Northwest is Delta.. Look at management. Same people different name!
Not yet it isn't! I am in the middle of a trip PHX - CLT, booked on Expedia, on the way out I had to check in on NWA.com and was upgraded on both legs.

On the way back I have to check in on Delta.com and don't have a snowballs chance in hell of an upgrade.
Old May 10th 2009, 11:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

ALWAYS ask to go on the upgrade list at the gate!!! the first come first serve system is still in operation. Delta is Northwest!!! Northwest is Delta.. Look at management. Same people different name! And Rete believe it or not u dont have to be a world perks member - Continental is or has been part of the sky team alliance so would have been ok too.

It amazes me the amount of people that dont collect miles. Miles are freebies. They dont have to be used for flights, i use mine for magazines. Dont give it away its something for free!!
I've been collecting Delta miles for years and years, since I was flying to Turkey so much on Delta. My husband now collects Delta miles too. BUT...Delta used to be really easy to redeem miles, now it's a royal PITA. I have yet to be able to redeem miles on any flight I wanted to take. They also have a new system of calculating the number of miles needed for trips, and it's REALLY hard. You used to be able to call Delta customer service, and say OK, I have X number of miles. I'd like to go from here to Turkey on that. And if you had enough miles, you could do it...no matter what flight it was or when. NOW you have to pick your flight ahead of time, its' all online, you can never get a live person, they can't tell you which flights go with fewer miles to use, you have to just keep giving them random travel dates until you hit on one that only needs X amount of miles....and of course the person on the phone gets all pissy because they dont' want to sit there looking up the same flight 100 times in a row on different days. I finally had saved up 50,000 miles over the years, which was enough for a US - Europe ticket (in the past). But when I wanted to fly last year on those miles, the minimum needed was 100,000 miles. I might reach that amount 10 years from now, at which point it will need 200,000 miles, I'm sure. I have given up counting miles, it's just too much trouble.

Rene
Old May 10th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

100.000 for a trip to europe????? i know depending on the time of year u travel its going to be difficult because less are available however i have never ever heard of 100.000 for a trip infact were advertising on the planes at the moment 25.000 for a single ticket???? i got to go and look it up. I never use mine for flights anymore i use them for as i said mags, hotels, and rental cars...
Old May 10th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

where u travelling thru? u know the airlines now honour prices that u find on the internet so u dont have to book thru expedia .. and others like it.
Old May 10th 2009, 11:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

100.000 for a trip to europe????? i know depending on the time of year u travel its going to be difficult because less are available however i have never ever heard of 100.000 for a trip infact were advertising on the planes at the moment 25.000 for a single ticket???? i got to go and look it up. I never use mine for flights anymore i use them for as i said mags, hotels, and rental cars...
Yep, last summer, late June/early July, Phoenix to Istanbul. Every single flight needed 100,000 miles. It didn't fall down to around 75,000 miles until winter.

I liked it when it was a set number of miles needed, no matter which flight or what time of year. The way Delta is set up now, I'll probably never be able to use my miles.

Rene
Old May 11th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

100.000 and coach?? Shame on them I flew with AA FIRST CLASS from MIA-LHR FIRST CLASS, all it was needed was 90.000. Economy 50.000. Just take a look. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Delta gave fiance trouble...-first-class-ticket-mia-lhr.jpg   Delta gave fiance trouble...-first-class-mia_lhr.jpg  
Old May 11th 2009, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
100.000 and coach?? Shame on them I flew with AA FIRST CLASS from MIA-LHR FIRST CLASS, all it was needed was 90.000. Economy 50.000. Just take a look. :-)
Your real name is Milan???
Old May 11th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozzidoc ,
yes it is :-)
Old May 11th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kentucky - Green Card came 2 months after marrying! :D
ajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Delta gave fiance trouble...

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yup... that's the way it is sometimes. Sheila and I could not check in online last year when we flew from Heathrow to Atlanta. The best we could do was use the kiosk at the airport.

Ian
I don't believe this, I just accidentally erased the response message I typed...

Ok will keep it short and sweet. I GOT HERE!

I-SEC (International Security) now check your passports in line for check in, before you get to the check in desk. Without looking at the Visa they swiped the Passport and Knew I had a K1 Visa, to which they asked for my documentation and got the Supervisor to approve. They don't open the Brown Envelope of course because thats for US Immigration.

So perhaps the Delta Check In site did know I had a K1 Visa (especially as I had to enter my passport number), or perhaps a pure coincidence...

Also no question at Check In as to whether I am using the return leg!

THANKS!
Old May 11th 2009, 2:16 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajcmals
I don't believe this, I just accidentally erased the response message I typed...

Ok will keep it short and sweet. I GOT HERE!

I-SEC (International Security) now check your passports in line for check in, before you get to the check in desk. Without looking at the Visa they swiped the Passport and Knew I had a K1 Visa, to which they asked for my documentation and got the Supervisor to approve. They don't open the Brown Envelope of course because thats for US Immigration.

So perhaps the Delta Check In site did know I had a K1 Visa (especially as I had to enter my passport number), or perhaps a pure coincidence...

Also no question at Check In as to whether I am using the return leg!

THANKS!
I'm not quite sure that they'd know you had a K-1 visa based on a passport swipe.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:03 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yep, last summer, late June/early July, Phoenix to Istanbul. Every single flight needed 100,000 miles. It didn't fall down to around 75,000 miles until winter.

I liked it when it was a set number of miles needed, no matter which flight or what time of year. The way Delta is set up now, I'll probably never be able to use my miles.

Rene
My hubby has been collecting delta miles for several years. He tends to book domestic flights when cashing in skymiles as they've always been better value. This summer we're going to Hawaii for a total of $20 on skymiles. (I think it was 25,000 each return PBI Florida to Honolulu.) Since booking it a couple of months ago Delta has changed it's skymiles purchase system and now it is just a miles to dollar exchange, so the cheaper the flight the less miles it costs, we've decided to pay for our next trip back across the pond because of the change. Domestic flights are now less value, but international are better value. Mostly depends now on where and when.

Lyn