Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

dates changing on NCSC status page

dates changing on NCSC status page

Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future
Default dates changing on NCSC status page

Hi there!

Wife: US Citizen
Me: UK citizen
married july 2003
i130 recived by BCIS on july 28
i129f received by BCIS august 13

the processing dates initially were 395-425 days for i130 and 60-90 for i129.

Last week the dates suddenly dropped to 30-60 for i130 and 15-30 for i129 so thought all was going well, but a day or so later the dates have all gone back to their originals :-(

Is this normal or a bad sign? We've been calling the operators, and have now got them "performing an inquiry" because it's over 60 days and they will give a written answer in 30 days. It seems like the NCSC aren't the most organised..

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by mdaitc; Oct 17th 2003 at 10:41 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dates changing on NCSC status page

m,

These dates are meaningless, aside from the recent BCIS problems that cause the changes you saw.

A good exercise for you, as a new member, would be to use the Search function to find Matt Udall posts about the SC processing reports, and read his discussion about how to determine when a case becomes overdue.

Originally posted by mdaitc
Hi there!

Wife: US Citizen
Me: UK citizen
married july 2003
i130 recived by BCIS on july 28
i129f received by BCIS august 13

the processing dates initially were 395-425 days for i130 and 60-90 for i129.

Last week the dates suddenly dropped to 30-60 for i130 and 15-30 for i129 so thought all was going well, but a day or so later the dates have all gone back to their originals :-(

Is this normal or a bad sign? We've been calling the operators, and have now got them "performing an inquiry" because it's over 60 days and they will give a written answer in 30 days. It seems like the NCSC aren't the most organised..

Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

sam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dates changing on NCSC status page

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
m,

These dates are meaningless, aside from the recent BCIS problems that cause the changes you saw.

A good exercise for you, as a new member, would be to use the Search function to find Matt Udall posts about the SC processing reports, and read his discussion about how to determine when a case becomes overdue.
The same thing happened to me. The dates changed and caused some stressful days before realising that the 15-20 days was just a mistake. I think the date change is due to the increase of applicants and therefore they have changed the dates. I don't think this will delay the ones that have already applied since we are already in line.