NVC has no record of my file?

Old Oct 17th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hansey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC has no record of my file?

Hi all...

We were approved by Vermont on October 3rd, and I noticed on Dave Hollis' site that someone else who was approved by Vermont the day before us had already found out that their file was forwarded to their consulate on October 14th, so I decided to call the NVC number to see if I could find anything out on our case, because I don't know if the online case status check gets updated by the NVC.

Anyway, I called the number, and when it asked me to put in my "EAC" number, I put in the one from the NOA2 (since it's the only one I have) and it replied that they have no record of my case...

Does NVC assign a different number, or should I be worrying about this? I tried to get through to a person, but got a message that all operators were busy and I had to call back, I couldn't even wait on hold.

Seems to me that they should have at least *received* my file by now... does anyone know how the process at NVC works? Do they update their automated systems when they receive the file, or only once they approve it and send it along to the consulates?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:08 pm
GiveMeStrength

I also had the same question earlier this week...seems as though you won't get a status from the automated system and you need to talk to a live person. Keep trying to call until you get through to someone.

Good Luck!

Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a K visa, you will have to talk to a live person to get your status.

Call 603-334-0700, press 1, then 2 and stay on hold for about 5 to 10 minutes. Be prepared to give the rep the beneficiary's name, date of birth, your name, and your service center case number. If they've received your file, they'll give you a new case number.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hansey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Call 603-334-0700, press 1, then 2 and stay on hold for about 5 to 10 minutes. Be prepared to give the rep the beneficiary's name, date of birth, your name, and your service center case number. If they've received your file, they'll give you a new case number.
Yeah, I did that, only apparently at the moment the system won't *let* you stay on hold. It told me that all operators were busy and that I should use the automated system. It then said that "if you want to use the automated system, stay on the line.. if you don't want to use the automated system, call back later" and then it automatically transferred me back to the automated system.

Anyway, I'll try to continue calling then, but thank you both for your replies.. at least I feel a little better knowing that they may very well have my file, rather than thinking that because the automated system has never heard of me, they must have lost it.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:27 pm
dhs
Forum Regular

dhs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hansey
Yeah, I did that, only apparently at the moment the system won't *let* you stay on hold. It told me that all operators were busy and that I should use the automated system. It then said that "if you want to use the automated system, stay on the line.. if you don't want to use the automated system, call back later" and then it automatically transferred me back to the automated system.

Anyway, I'll try to continue calling then, but thank you both for your replies.. at least I feel a little better knowing that they may very well have my file, rather than thinking that because the automated system has never heard of me, they must have lost it.
I had the best luck getting through if I called right when they open or right before they close.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default hint hint hint

I'll give you a hint.....

If you hear the recording that says "due to heavy volume of calls, you may want to use our automated system....", just hang up and try again in a few minutes. Don't stay on hold, you'll get kicked out eventually.

If you hear the recording that says "due to the heavy volume of calls, you may have to wait longer than 5 minutes to speak to an operator", stay on hold, someone will get to you.

I realized that pattern after getting kicked out several times. :-)

Keep Trying!
Rene
Old Oct 17th 2003, 11:26 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Hansey,

The best time to call is 8 am sharp when they've just opened. I'd given up calling at any other time.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hint hint hint

Originally posted by Noorah101
I realized that pattern after getting kicked out several times. :-)
i had not that luck to hear that message. when i called nvc i just did to calm down my then fiancee (now wife ) - she called 2 times before and always was told that the thing is not in the system. so i called nvc to show her that it is perfectly ok that they dont know about it yet. well when she was back online to chat i had to tell her that i tried to call nvc to show her it is not working, but had to admit that it does work (not the automatic system though)

good luck for all those couple unfortunate enough to wait forever for nvc approval