Crossing Candian Border into US

Old Jun 21st 2002, 11:20 am
C.Riewe

Default Crossing Candian Border into US

Anyone with actual experience try to cross Canadian border to US with non-American
husband/wife -- While one is an american citizen and the other asian -- American
citizen has drivers license & passport -- The other has drivers license, passport,
Student visa (out of status since did not attend last spring) and marriage
certificate -- Married only two months ago...

I know I am missing advanced parole and/or other documents to show husband/wife
status... We are filling.. but fear may not have proof of filling in time -- May not
even have time for advanced parole... Looking for people with actual experience..

Thanks!

Old Jun 21st 2002, 4:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing Candian Border into US

You cannot bring your foreign wife into the US without the proper immigration visa issued by the US Consulate (Montreal).

Is your wife's Student Visa Canadian issued? If so then she is in Canada illegally at this point? Have you consulted with an immigration attorney regarding how to bring your foreign spouse into the US?

Rete
Old Jun 21st 2002, 6:20 pm
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

Default Re: Crossing Candian Border into US

c.riewe" wrote:

>
    > I know I am missing advanced parole and/or other documents to show husband/wife
    > status... We are filling.. but fear may not have proof of filling in time -- May
    > not even have time for advanced parole... Looking for people with actual
    > experience..

Are you in the US and planning to go to Canada without AP?

DON'T DO IT. She will not be permitted in. Why should they, she has an expired
visa. When you say she didn't attend since last Spring, do you mean Spring 2001? If
that is the case, then she would have an overstay of over 180 days and should NOT
leave the country. She may also be approaching the one year mark. That results in a
10 year ban.

1. She should not leave the US without AP
2. If she has overstayed her visa by more than 180 days, she should not leave the US,
and you should quickly file AOS.

You said "we are filing". Does this mean you haven't yet filed?