CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

Consumer Reports apparently just did an article reviewing credit cards. Maybe worth checking out? If anyone here has a US military connection - see if you qualify for USAA ... they're quite good.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:19 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

One nice thing about Chase is that they allow you to set online preferences to automatically pay your bill, ON TIME, with your choice of paying the balance, the minimum payment, or a fixed amount. Once set, it does this until you cancel it. No other card that I've found will allow you to do this; you have to log in and do it every month.

I *do* check my charges to make sure that there is no fraud or error but it's nice to know that I will never have a late fee with Chase. Yes, I think that in every other way they are probably a bureaucratic customer-screwing megabank, but this one feature keeps me around.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:36 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
One nice thing about Chase is that they allow you to set online preferences to automatically pay your bill, ON TIME, with your choice of paying the balance, the minimum payment, or a fixed amount. Once set, it does this until you cancel it. No other card that I've found will allow you to do this; you have to log in and do it every month.
We've got Credit cards from Membersource, Wells Fargo, Chase and 2 from Citi (we dont use them all at the same time!), and we've got them all on autopay... in fact the only bill we dont have on autopay is our water bill that charges a premium if you want to set up an autopay..there can only be one possible reason for that - to deter people from doing it so at some point down the line they incur late charges....:curse:
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:13 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We've got Credit cards from Membersource, Wells Fargo, Chase and 2 from Citi (we dont use them all at the same time!), and we've got them all on autopay... in fact the only bill we dont have on autopay is our water bill that charges a premium if you want to set up an autopay..there can only be one possible reason for that - to deter people from doing it so at some point down the line they incur late charges....:curse:
I've not got my Citi on autopay, haven't found the option to do that. Under the Make A Payment bar you can select "Pay Credit Card Online" but I haven't found any option that will automatically debit my checking account to pay Citi, every month, for the balance, minimum or set amount.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've not got my Citi on autopay, haven't found the option to do that. Under the Make A Payment bar you can select "Pay Credit Card Online" but I haven't found any option that will automatically debit my checking account to pay Citi, every month, for the balance, minimum or set amount.
Call the credit card company...you may have to fill in paperwork and snail mail it back to them. We have a mastercard and Amex card...the total of both are paid automatically through our bank but it had to be set up through the CC companies.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 4th 2007 at 4:25 am.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:29 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Call the credit card company...you may have to fill in paperwork and snail mail it back to them. We have a mastercard and Amex card...the total of both are paid automatically through our bank but it had to be set up through the CC companies.
Ah. Of course, if I call them I get to go through support line hell! And to revoke it would be similar. I like the fact that with Chase, you can invoke and revoke it online, more-or-less instantaneously.

Do you have the Blue Cash card from Amex, y'all, cos it has the highest cash rewards I've been able to find (and I've looked) -- of course, if you're into getting airline mileage etc, it wouldn't be for you. But it's great for cash rewards.

Another thing is Costco's Amex -- 3% cashback on dining out. Best I've seen in that category.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. Of course, if I call them I get to go through support line hell! And to revoke it would be similar. I like the fact that with Chase, you can invoke and revoke it online, more-or-less instantaneously.

Do you have the Blue Cash card from Amex, y'all, cos it has the highest cash rewards I've been able to find (and I've looked) -- of course, if you're into getting airline mileage etc, it wouldn't be for you. But it's great for cash rewards.

Another thing is Costco's Amex -- 3% cashback on dining out. Best I've seen in that category.
We're with Chase...you seem to have more faith in them than I.

I have the Costco Amex card.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:39 am
Lapine Member

We're with Chase...you seem to have more faith in them than I.
Oh if they ever screw me I'll never do business with them again. Sprint falls into that category, they tried to screw me over during my university years and I'll have absolutely nothing to do with them. And I'll tell the entire world (well, anyone who'll listen about my experiences).

But I also think it's good to share *good* experiences.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

My BoA online banking has an automatic alert system which sends me an email to warn me of the big bills that are due each month.

And they only debit my account on the day the bill is actually due.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:07 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I'd want to do this - DD in the US does not offer the same sort of protection as in the UK. You are basically signing an open warrant for them to help themselves to your money.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:16 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

if you can't do that on Citi, you're getting a different screen to me ....

I use citicards.com, and there, on the account summary screeen, under the account there are 3 tabs - see statement, unbilled activity and autopay preferences. Click the last and you can add a bank account, change a bank account or cancel the autopay....isn't that what you want?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

This is a useful link if you want to avoid all the button pushing on the automatic voice systems - it tells you the quickest way to get to a "human" operator - doesn't help if they connect you to a drone of course.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:46 pm

Looks like a handy little link....cheers!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:56 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
This is a useful link if you want to avoid all the button pushing on the automatic voice systems - it tells you the quickest way to get to a "human" operator - doesn't help if they connect you to a drone of course.
Hubby test automtic voice systems and most you press 0 to get a human...some can be number 1...
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:57 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by krizzy
Hubby test automtic voice systems and most you press 0 to get a human...some can be number 1...
Pressing 0 lots of times in quick succession usually works...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.