Court Records - how long?

Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

MeJulie1 will become famous soon enoughMeJulie1 will become famous soon enough
Default Court Records - how long?

Hi everyone,

I have now received my police certificate with a "No Trace" result (for the background here is my previous thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659522)

So now I am just waiting for any evidence of my court records. I wrote to the clerk at the magistrates court where my case was heard about 3 weeks ago and was told that the admistration for that court had moved to another , so information is going back and forth between the two, trying to track my records.

I just wanted to know how long it usually takes to get copies and, if anyone else had been in the same position, how long it took for you to retrieve your records?

I know I am being impatient, I was hoping to go for a hol and see my boyf for his bday in May, but know that will be unlikely now!

Thanks y'all

Last edited by MeJulie1; Apr 14th 2010 at 4:45 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Court Records - how long?

For some reason the link to your previous post didn't work for me.

Here's the link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659522

Rene
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
For some reason the link to your previous post didn't work for me.
She eroneously added "http//" to the link.

Ian
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:39 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MeJulie1

I just wanted to know how long it usually takes to get copies and, if anyone else had been in the same position, how long it took for you to retrieve your records?

I know I am being impatient, I was hoping to go for a hol and see my boyf for his bday in May, but know that will be unlikely now!

Thanks y'all
I got mine in about three weeks from payment.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nettlebed
I got mine in about three weeks from payment.
Thanks Nettlebed. How long did it take to find your records? I mean did they take your payment details when you first requested the court records or once they had found them?

It has been a month since my request now and when I chased the court they said that they couldnt give me a timeline and would be notified when they find the records. This doesn't help my impatience at all! Is there a deadline they until they stop looking and can send me a letter to take to the interview? This is the only bit of info I am waiting for to be able to book an appointment and my police certificate is only valid within 6 months of the interview!

Thanks in advance.
Old May 7th 2010, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Court Records

I am still waiting to hear news about my records, I have asked, since it had been nearly 2 months, if they could send me a letter to confirm that I have tried to find them, but still have heard nothing back! (It would be nice to hear something just to ease my mind that there is someone looking for them in the background!)

Since my certificate has 'No Trace' meaning there is no record, would just my certificate be enough to take with me along with the other forms?

Has anyone else had to wait this long before? After scrolling through yellow pages, I finaly remembered what solicitors had represented me in court and have been in touch with them to see if they can help with any info theyhave on record.
Old May 7th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

I have just found this on the US Embassy site:

"If the arrest did not result in a conviction, you may submit with your application the documents relating to the arrest. If you are no longer in possession of these documents, you may submit a sworn statement which gives the reason and location of the arrest, state and county. " (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=634)

How do you write a Sworn Statement? Is there a certain layout?

Thanks!
Old May 7th 2010, 3:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MeJulie1
I have just found this on the US Embassy site:

"If the arrest did not result in a conviction, you may submit with your application the documents relating to the arrest. If you are no longer in possession of these documents, you may submit a sworn statement which gives the reason and location of the arrest, state and county. " (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=634)

How do you write a Sworn Statement? Is there a certain layout?

Thanks!
Write your summary, and then make sure you include this verbage at the end:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4

Rene
Old May 26th 2010, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Write your summary, and then make sure you include this verbage at the end:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4

Rene
Thanks Rene. I scanned my sworn statement, sent to the emabssy and it was accepted.

I have also received my court records - finaly! But only after I contacted the court myself (giving up on the administration centre) to be told that my request had been sitting in a folder for 2 months unactioned! After that phone call I received eveything in a week! So I will also be taking these with me.