Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

could this affect my naturalization?

could this affect my naturalization?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default could this affect my naturalization?

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this……next year I will be eligible to apply for naturalization. Two years ago, the police arrived at our house after being called there by a nosy neighbor, who claimed she heard a gun shot. My wife and I had had an argument, but it was blown out of all proportion by the neighbor. I explained to the police at the time that there was no gun shot, there are no guns in the house. Later on, we figured out the neighbor had heard the metal shed door close after I had slammed it shut. Anyway, I wasn't arrested, no charges were filed and the police left after we explained there was a misunderstanding. No further action was taken.

I hope my naturalization application would not be affected by this? Can I get a copy of my file from the local police department to see if anything was recorded? Anyone ever done this?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could this affect my naturalization?

Originally Posted by steve100100
I wonder if anyone has any experience with this……next year I will be eligible to apply for naturalization. Two years ago, the police arrived at our house after being called there by a nosy neighbor, who claimed she heard a gun shot. My wife and I had had an argument, but it was blown out of all proportion by the neighbor. I explained to the police at the time that there was no gun shot, there are no guns in the house. Later on, we figured out the neighbor had heard the metal shed door close after I had slammed it shut. Anyway, I wasn't arrested, no charges were filed and the police left after we explained there was a misunderstanding. No further action was taken.

I hope my naturalization application would not be affected by this? Can I get a copy of my file from the local police department to see if anything was recorded? Anyone ever done this?
Nothing happened ..forget it ...
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Thanks for the reassurance Ray, for some reason I started to worry about this.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve100100

Hi:

Go the local prosecutor's office and get a letter saying that they either didn't get the case or they rejected filing. Also, get a letter from the clerk of the local criminal court, preferably certified say there is no record on your name. Have the orginal at the interview. If you can get the police report, it can be a good idea -- however, those are often hard to get.

I will admit that I have had no experience with this since last Monday. We had the City Attorney's letter and I printed out an inquiry to LASuperiorCourt.org showing no filing since 1995. Client explained, DAO said "much ado about nothing." She will be sworn in on October 9, 2008.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Go the local prosecutor's office and get a letter saying that they either didn't get the case or they rejected filing. Also, get a letter from the clerk of the local criminal court, preferably certified say there is no record on your name. Have the orginal at the interview. If you can get the police report, it can be a good idea -- however, those are often hard to get.

I will admit that I have had no experience with this since last Monday. We had the City Attorney's letter and I printed out an inquiry to LASuperiorCourt.org showing no filing since 1995. Client explained, DAO said "much ado about nothing." She will be sworn in on October 9, 2008.
thanks for the reply. .. Doesn't the FBI do another check upon the application for naturalization? Do I need to contact the county court? The local town court only handles class c misdemeanors. I'm sure they don't have anything on me, but I would like to make sure just to put my mind at ease. I live in Tarrant County, TX.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

I probably also should have said that I filed for removal of conditions on my green card two months ago without mentioning anything about this. As far as I was concerned, it was a non-issue. If I had been arrested or detained, then obviously it would have been a different matter. Maybe I should have researched this before that? Can someone tell me I'm worrying for nothing?