Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Copy from USVisa = "1977: 15yr old idiot stole LP, got caution. It counts for K1?"

Copy from USVisa = "1977: 15yr old idiot stole LP, got caution. It counts for K1?"

Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From USVisas Forum = "1977: 15yr old idiot stole LP, got caution. It counts for K

Okay heres the deal, buy a CD from one of my labels, and I'll be happy hahaha
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From USVisas Forum = "1977: 15yr old idiot stole LP, got caution. It counts for K

Originally Posted by andrea874
Okay heres the deal, buy a CD from one of my labels, and I'll be happy hahaha
label got anythin' worth buyin' then?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
label got anythin' worth buyin' then?

Of COURSE

www.unitededge.com
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I took a look around your site and, nothing personal... but I'm going to continue doing what I do, as the stuff I download doesn't seem to conflict at all with the stuff that you offer! Maybe it's a generation thing!

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well, I took a look around your site and, nothing personal... but I'm going to continue doing what I do, as the stuff I download doesn't seem to conflict at all with the stuff that you offer! Maybe it's a generation thing!

Ian
Yes, that'll happen when you're 90 yrs old, Ian
hehe
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:02 am
Just Joined

HopefulK1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thanks for the topical opinions.

I'm very grateful to the members who took the trouble to PM me and/or post helpful, topical replies to my post. Thank you.

The feedback I got made it clear that - although the USA's system does not recognise other countries' pardons, discharges, statutes of limitations, or whatever - one juvenile misdemeanour is disregarded by the USCIS, particularly if it occurred five or more years ago. I was really hoping that my youthful stupidity wasn't coming back to bite me and it does look as though everything should be OK.

In case anyone's wondering... We've only just recently received our NOA2 for our I-129F, but I wanted to be prepared for the, "Done anything bad?" question I know will be on one of the forms I'll be getting for the K1. I still think I'll be more comfortable including what I can about the caution, even if it is very unlikely that it would surface in any USCIS/FBI style investigation. I think I'd sleep better not having to worry about any nasty surprises some day.

Ok... I'm afraid I have one more question... Bearing in mind I don't have specific dates or precise details to offer, what's the best way to include the information about the caution - Something similar to the 2 paragraphs that specifically described the incident in my previous post be appropriate? (Yes, I could be brief, if I need to be!)

Jeeeeshh, this is such a pain I didn't even like the bloody BeeGees anyway and the spotty little git never did take any notice either..!

Oh and BTW... The trouble i got myself into in 1977 was enough of a shock and a lesson well learnt, so the answer is no, I have not down(or up)loaded any p2p music, software, etc.

Thanks again,

Hopeful

Last edited by HopefulK1; Mar 29th 2005 at 1:09 am. Reason: Typo/Clarity required
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:12 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks for the topical opinions.

Originally Posted by HopefulK1
I
Ok... I'm afraid I have one more question... Bearing in mind I don't have specific dates or precise details to offer, what's the best way to include the information about the caution - Something similar to the 2 paragraphs that specifically described the incident in my previous post be appropriate? (Yes, I could be brief, if I need to be!)
I think this is probably one of those occasions where it may be advisable to be brief, i.e. do not volunteer any unnecessary information, do not make it confusing by referring to things that may be clear to you but might baffle a USCIS officer.

I'd invest in half an hour of an immigration lawyer's time to get the phrasing just right, which should be all that is needed if you organize your thoughts beforehand and present the facts in a clearly written summary. The lawyer can then 'synthetise' the facts and whittle it all down to a concise statement which you can include as an attachment to your petition.

This shouldn't cost you more than $100 and you'll probably sleep even better!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks for the topical opinions.

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
I think this is probably one of those occasions where it may be advisable to be brief, i.e. do not volunteer any unnecessary information, do not make it confusing by referring to things that may be clear to you but might baffle a USCIS officer.

I'd invest in half an hour of an immigration lawyer's time to get the phrasing just right, which should be all that is needed if you organize your thoughts beforehand and present the facts in a clearly written summary. The lawyer can then 'synthetise' the facts and whittle it all down to a concise statement which you can include as an attachment to your petition.

This shouldn't cost you more than $100 and you'll probably sleep even better!
Hi:

There are several US immigration lawyers in London -- and they charge a few hundred pounds sterling. Plus the VAT is applicable!

Otherwise, I agree a consulation is in order.

BTW, she will be dealing first with the CONSULATE which is part of the STATE DEPARTMENT and then at the POE with Customs & Border Protection [USCBP} in order to gain entry into the US. USCIS doesn't come into the picture untl adjustment of status time.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:12 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that'll happen when you're 90 yrs old, Ian
hehe
LOL not really Andrea, I think I will continue downloading music as well..
I still like ya though
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well I found no Big Boppa.. Buddy, Eddie, Fats ... Nothing for me at all ...
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:20 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well I found no Big Boppa.. Buddy, Eddie, Fats ... Nothing for me at all ...
Big Boppa, Buddy, Eddie??
Who are they? lol