Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Copy of birth certificate - did not include the back which was blank

Copy of birth certificate - did not include the back which was blank

Old May 11th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Shanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really nice
Question Copy of birth certificate - did not include the back which was blank

Hello all

I'm anxious all of a sudden, my fiancé, the USC, hasn't made a copy of the back of his birth certificate as it was blank.

Should we expect a RFE for that?
Should we try to send it now separately?
(we don't have a case number yet - CSC has been slow on cashing the checks lately)

Thank you
Old May 11th 2009, 4:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy of birth certificate - did not include the back which was blank

Originally Posted by Shanh
Hello all

I'm anxious all of a sudden, my fiancé, the USC, hasn't made a copy of the back of his birth certificate as it was blank.

Should we expect a RFE for that?
(we don't have a case number yet - CSC has been slow on cashing the checks lately)

Thank you
Do not send it now, separately....they won't be able to match it up with the existing I-129F.

I don't know if you'll get an RFE for it or not, you'll just have to wait and see. My layman's opinion is probably not.

Rene
Old May 11th 2009, 4:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy of birth certificate - did not include the back which was blank

S,

Yes, he has. Turn over the original. Turn over the photocopy of the front of the original. See? A perfect copy of the back as well.

I can't believe you're asking if you should try sending CIS a blank sheet of paper.

Regards, JEff

Old May 11th 2009, 4:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
S,

Yes, he has. Turn over the original. Turn over the photocopy of the front of the original. See? A perfect copy of the back as well.

I can't believe you're asking if you should try sending CIS a blank sheet of paper.

Regards, JEff
Sometimes blank backs of documents have an invisible watermark on them, which only shows up when photocopied. That's how they can tell if it's a photocopy or an original. Not sure if that applies to the OP, but I've seen it with other documents.

Rene
Old May 11th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really nice

Jeff,

So nicely put.

We weren't about to send a blank paper to the USCIS without a good deal of explanation.

What I've read here and there is people making a photocopy of the back even if it's blank and writing on it "back of the birth certificate". Might sound silly but so is administration sometimes and in regard of what Rene added, maybe not so silly after all.

So thank you Rene
Guess we'll just have to wait&see and hope for the best!

Take care
Old May 11th 2009, 5:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S,

Rather than waste a perfectly good sheet of paper, write on the back of the photocopy 'this side blank on the original'.

It may not be a lot of money, but I do have to chuckle at the thought of someone paying a dime or a quarter to run a blank piece of paper through a photocopier and have it come out still blank just to be able to say, 'this is a photocopy'.

I don't think you'll be getting an RFE over this.

Regards, JEff

What I've read here and there is people making a photocopy of the back even if it's blank and writing on it "back of the birth certificate". Might sound silly but so is administration sometimes and in regard of what Rene added, maybe not so silly after all.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

J,

too late for that now as we sent it already, but very good suggestion for the next nerve wreck who might come up with this particular question.

Chuckles indeed on the photocopying of a blank page, would certainly make a nice Mr Bean sketch!