Consulor processing in Canada?

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 4:58 am
Aye Naing

Hi

I need help ladies and gentlemen.

My mother, who was a permanent resident then, applied I-130 for me while I was studied in
US with F-1 visa. She has currently become an US citizen. My proprity date is June 29,
1993 under catagory 2B. It is now a week to be current as per March Visa Bulletin. I was a
citizen of another country while I was in US.

Now I am a citizen of Canada and currently living and working in Canada, Toronto
to be exact.

I was told that I needed to do Adjustment of Status if I were still in US. But I now need
a consulor process in Toronto. I know there in a US consulate in Toronto.

How to I start once my priority date is current, which I think is in a month or two? Am I
going to receive something from INS to my US address or I should be start knocking
consulate door. There is a long line every morning in Toronto Consulate. I am afraid that
I take a day off, line in the early morning and find out that is not a right place to go.

Please give me some lead where to start.

Thanks.

Alex

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 10:28 pm
John Kao

I think only the US consulate in Montreal does immigrant visa. Check with them to see what
the procedures are.

> Hi
>
> I need help ladies and gentlemen.
>
> My mother, who was a permanent resident then, applied I-130 for me while I was studied
> in US with F-1 visa. She has currently become an US citizen. My proprity date is June
> 29, 1993 under catagory 2B. It is now a week to be current as per March Visa Bulletin. I
> was a citizen of another country while I was in US.
>
> Now I am a citizen of Canada and currently living and working in Canada, Toronto to
> be exact.
>
> I was told that I needed to do Adjustment of Status if I were still in US. But I now
> need a consulor process in Toronto. I know there in a US consulate in Toronto.
>
> How to I start once my priority date is current, which I think is in a month or two?
> Am I going to receive something from INS to my US address or I should be start
> knocking consulate door. There is a long line every morning in Toronto Consulate. I am
> afraid that I take a day off, line in the early morning and find out that is not a
> right place to go.
>
> Please give me some lead where to start.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alex
>

Old Feb 24th 2001, 12:54 am
ctd123

All visa are done in Montreal and you can call them at (514)398-9695

Old Feb 25th 2001, 2:22 am
Aye Naing

Thanks John. Do you know the procedure steps and the approximate time frame for each
steps. I want to be informed before I call Montreal.

John Kao wrote:

> I think only the US consulate in Montreal does immigrant visa. Check with them to see
> what the procedures are.
>

> > Hi
> >
> > I need help ladies and gentlemen.
> >
> > My mother, who was a permanent resident then, applied I-130 for me while I was studied
> > in US with F-1 visa. She has currently become an US citizen. My proprity date is June
> > 29, 1993 under catagory 2B. It is now a week to be current as per March Visa Bulletin.
> > I was a citizen of another country while I was in US.
> >
> > Now I am a citizen of Canada and currently living and working in Canada, Toronto to be
> > exact.
> >
> > I was told that I needed to do Adjustment of Status if I were still in US. But I now
> > need a consulor process in Toronto. I know there in a US consulate in Toronto.
> >
> > How to I start once my priority date is current, which I think is in a month or two?
> > Am I going to receive something from INS to my US address or I should be start
> > knocking consulate door. There is a long line every morning in Toronto Consulate. I am
> > afraid that I take a day off, line in the early morning and find out that is not a
> > right place to go.
> >
> > Please give me some lead where to start.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> >