Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused... Got green card 2 years ago but I-130 is still pending

Confused... Got green card 2 years ago but I-130 is still pending

Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:28 am
Just Joined

penelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to allpenelope2 is a name known to all
Default Confused... Got green card 2 years ago but I-130 is still pending

Hi,

I've adjusted based on my marriage to a US citizen and got my conditional residence approved two years ago. I've just filed I-751 to remove the conditions on my residence a few weeks ago (already got my 1 year extension letter, bio appointment early september).

I've just logged in to my Case Status Online portfolio on the USCIS website, checked my old cases, and saw the following:

I751 (Removal of conditions) = Received, pending (normal)
I485 (Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) = Approved in 2005, green card received in 2005 after interview
I130 (Petition for Alien Relative) = Received in 2004, still pending, case was updated last week though

I'm really confused. How could my I485 be approved and my I130 still pending? Do I have reason to worry?

I'm from Arizona and filed with CSC.

Last edited by penelope2; Aug 29th 2007 at 2:35 am.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused... Got green card 2 years ago but I-130 is still pending

Originally Posted by penelope2
I'm really confused. How could my I485 be approved and my I130 still pending? Do I have reason to worry?

Don't worry. The online status updates and emails are highly unreliable. There is one poster on here, Ian, who has been a USC for years now, and his online status still shows pending approval of his AOS. Something like that, right Ian?

Nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The online status updates and emails are highly unreliable.
Yah... that's for sure!

There is one poster on here, Ian, who has been a USC for years now, and his online status still shows pending approval of his AOS.
Yuppers... that's exactly right! One day I'll log on and hopefully my AOS will show as being approved. When that happens, I think all things in my universe will align and all will be well with the world.

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yah... that's for sure!

Yuppers... that's exactly right! One day I'll log on and hopefully my AOS will show as being approved. When that happens, I think all things in my universe will align and all will be well with the world.

Ian

Wow, amazing. DH has been a USC since 2003 and we (he or I) have never gone in to check is status online with the USCIS. Whatever is the point of checking if you are finished.

Hey, Ian, I rather doubt that as you and Jim were both adjusted in the olden days before USCIS attempted to computerize their process for the viewing public.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penelope2
Hi,

No. If you adjusted while originally entering the US as a visitor, then the I-130 was adjudicated at the time the I-485 was and USCIS would only have updated the I-485. If you adjusted from a K-3, then again it would not show that the I-130 was approved because again the same scenario as with the visitor and adjustment. If you adjusted from a K-1, you never filed an I-130.