Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

tellina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

I have found several on-line companies that advertise the possibilty of buying a fast Visa!!! As I am interested in getting a K1 Fiance Visa as quickly as possible I find this idea very tempting but also very worrying! Is it legal? Are the Visas real? One company I found promises the K1 Visa in under 3 months which is extremely attractive as I have been told that the K1 can take from 3 to 12 months.

Does anyone have any experience with these companies?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Originally posted by tellina
I have found several on-line companies that advertise the possibilty of buying a fast Visa!!! As I am interested in getting a K1 Fiance Visa as quickly as possible I find this idea very tempting but also very worrying! Is it legal? Are the Visas real? One company I found promises the K1 Visa in under 3 months which is extremely attractive as I have been told that the K1 can take from 3 to 12 months.

Thanks!

As I offered another poster, I have several bridges for sale.

Hey you have the money to spend in order to try out their promises, then I say go for it. Its only money. And if it takes more than the three months they promise you, then you wil be in the same timeline as the ones that didn't fall into Barnum's fool theory.

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:43 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
Let me answer your question with another question:

You've obviously seen this forum and the multitude of threads people post and respond to day in and day out. Do you think all these people would be doing this if they could just buy their way -- or their loved one's way -- into the country?

If it's too good to be true...

~ Jenney
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
As I offered another poster, I have several bridges for sale.

Hey you have the money to spend in order to try out their promises, then I say go for it. Its only money. And if it takes more than the three months they promise you, then you wil be in the same timeline as the ones that didn't fall into Barnum's fool theory.

Rete
That's what I want to find out: if these companies really can get the Visa quickly or if they just take your money and offer no legal guarantee that it will be as fast as they say.

You're right; it's just money. But I'd rather spend what I have on something worthwhile than throw it away!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
Let me answer your question with another question:

You've obviously seen this forum and the multitude of threads people post and respond to day in and day out. Do you think all these people would be doing this if they could just buy their way -- or their loved one's way -- into the country?

If it's too good to be true...

~ Jenney
...then it probably is! Yup, very good point. I think what these companies may be selling are the forms that you need when applying for Visas and any help required when filing them in. Their 'promise' to get the Visa in under 3 months probably doesn't have any weight to it.

I was just curious to know if anyone has ever used one of these companies or known someone who had (like I've said, I'm just trying to research all the options!).
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

heheeheheeh..if you have the money to spend, then I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

Tellina, as you've already said, these companies probably just sell you the forms - which you can download for free - and some "quick tips and advice" on filling them out. Tips and advice is not worth $500. If you read the instructions, it's pretty easy to fill out the I-129f, and if you ever have any questions about the forms, just come on here and ask. Most of us here all do it ourselves without lawyers. How long it truly takes for the I-129f to be approved, and then getting the K1 visa approved, depends on many, many factors. I don't think I would hold too much truth to what they 'promise' you.

I called one place, and they were hesitant to say how long it would take to get approved, but they were going to charge around $1000 (if I remember correctly) for their 'help.' I quite promptly told the man "Thank you for your time" and hung up. If I had $1000 to spend or even $500, I'd hire a friggin attorney to do it all for me.

...then it probably is! Yup, very good point. I think what these companies may be selling are the forms that you need when applying for Visas and any help required when filing them in. Their 'promise' to get the Visa in under 3 months probably doesn't have any weight to it.

I was just curious to know if anyone has ever used one of these companies or known someone who had (like I've said, I'm just trying to research all the options!).
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I want to find out: if these companies really can get the Visa quickly or if they just take your money and offer no legal guarantee that it will be as fast as they say.

You're right; it's just money. But I'd rather spend what I have on something worthwhile than throw it away!

An answer in one word, then:

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:54 pm
Concierge

An answer in one word, then:

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rete

However, in several words, you want your application to go through expeditently, without a chance of an RFE, and you want an inside contact with your service center, and help with the US Consulate if you have a problem, then hire an immigration attorney.

If you have not already started the process then contact Matt Udall. His fee is not much higher (I believe) than the fee offered by internet companies for their promises and he can see you through this with as little problems as humanly possible and help you with any problems that might arise.

Do not take this the wrong way, but so what ... you are in love with a foreigner. Big deal. So is everyone else on this newsgroup. As Jenney said, if it were possible don't you think the majority of people here would be doing the same thing?

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

However, in several words, you want your application to go through expeditently, without a chance of an RFE, and you want an inside contact with your service center, and help with the US Consulate if you have a problem, then hire an immigration attorney.

If you have not already started the process then contact Matt Udall. His fee is not much higher (I believe) than the fee offered by internet companies for their promises and he can see you through this with as little problems as humanly possible and help you with any problems that might arise.

Do not take this the wrong way, but so what ... you are in love with a foreigner. Big deal. So is everyone else on this newsgroup. As Jenney said, if it were possible don't you think the majority of people here would be doing the same thing?

Rete
Yes, all very good points. I tell you, I have found out more from this forum than anywhere else on the net. Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
heheeheheeh..if you have the money to spend, then I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.
Rete sold me 2 bridges this morning...how much do you want for the florida land ..
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Rete sold me 2 bridges this morning...how much do you want for the florida land ..
Hmmm..I think $40k should about cover it. That sound reasonable to you?

Good luck Tellina and welcome to the Group! We're all full of good information (among other things we're full of).
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:18 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, thanks for the plug, Rita!

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:02 am
Concierge

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Hey, thanks for the plug, Rita!

NP, you're a good immigration attorney. Never thought you weren't ;-)

As for that Florida land ... I see your price and raise ya 1K ... anything to thaw Ray.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

As for that Florida land ... I see your price and raise ya 1K ... anything to thaw Ray.
Thaw ? or did you mean thawt?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:07 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ray6
Thaw ? or did you mean thawt?
Neither. It's thwart... Unless, of course you needed chilling out

Etymology: Middle English thwerten, from thwert, adverb
1 a : to run counter to so as to effectively oppose or baffle : CONTRAVENE b : to oppose successfully : defeat the hopes or aspirations of
2 : to pass through or across
synonym see FRUSTRATE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.