Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Originally posted by Ranjini
Neither. It's thwart... Unless, of course you needed chilling out
Some do say.. I am a cold hearted bastard.. could be thaw then..
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:31 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ray6
Lol Looks like it could have been either...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Typo ... thwart .... a person with a lisp trying to say wart ... okay I know I should not describe Ray in such a manner.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:32 pm
Exile

"Jenney & Mark" wrote:
    > Let me answer your question
    > with another question:
    > You've obviously seen this forum and the
    > multitude of threads people post and respond to day in and day out. Do
    > you think all these people would be doing this if they could just buy
    > their way -- or their loved one's way -- into the country?

I think that there are many people on this forum is inconclusive at best
that these things don't work as there doesn't appear to be a single person
here who has tried them. I too am sceptical, but if you - or someone close
to you - hasn't had any direct experience with these companies, then I don't
think you're qualified to answer the question.

I'd respectfully suggest that if someone asks a genuine question we
shouldn't clutter the list with ill-formed, biased guesses.

Andy

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Exile

Andy
There have been people who have used them over the years. But if you look at the websites you will see several things:

1. You are not working with an attorney. You will be working, if you work with anyone at all, with a paralegal who is in a state which allows them to complete forms.

2. You will not have the ability to seek additional help after the filing of the petition if your petition encounters a problem such as an RFE.

3. If there is an attorney listed on the site, that attorney is nothing more than a figurehead who lends his name to the site for a fee for validity purposes.

4. The timelines quoted have not changed in all of the six years I have been around and the timelines have indeed changed and all one has to do is check the source to confirm that (USCIS).

5. Promises to push your application ahead is only that: a promise. No one can do that unless they have friends on the inside who are willing to circumvent the structure of the agency by placing those petitions ahead of others. The USCIS often slows down petitions when a congressional rep becomes involved so the intrevention of a non-descript paralegal should not decrease the anticipated time for adjudication of an I-129F stateside.

6. A paralegal and/or even an immigration attorney cannot make the US Consulate aboard adjudicate your petition quicker. They are an entity unto themselves and do not like interference. In fact they like it even less than the USCIS

7. These sites do not mention the addition of the NVC in the scope of approvals. Another department is now involved and that involvement means a longer timeline.

Rete
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:37 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tellina
I have found several on-line companies that advertise the possibilty of buying a fast Visa!!! As I am interested in getting a K1 Fiance Visa as quickly as possible I find this idea very tempting but also very worrying! Is it legal? Are the Visas real? One company I found promises the K1 Visa in under 3 months which is extremely attractive as I have been told that the K1 can take from 3 to 12 months.

Does anyone have any experience with these companies?

Thanks!
Do you get a fiance included with the fee? Only then might it be a good deal
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

tellina is an unknown quantity at this point

"Jenney & Mark" wrote:
    > Let me answer your question
    > with another question:
    > You've obviously seen this forum and the
    > multitude of threads people post and respond to day in and day out. Do
    > you think all these people would be doing this if they could just buy
    > their way -- or their loved one's way -- into the country?

Andy
Thanks! It did occur to me that the reason that no one on this forum had tried to buy a Visa was that the companies selling them were so efficient that their clients didn't need to look for help on forums such as these. But I didn't dare say so...

As I had said, I was very unsure of these companies and I just thought that here may be a good place to ask about them!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by ScousePete
Do you get a fiance included with the fee? Only then might it be a good deal
LOL Don't think my fiance would agree to using them in that case!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! It did occur to me that the reason that no one on this forum had tried to buy a Visa was that the companies selling them were so efficient that their clients didn't need to look for help on forums such as these. But I didn't dare say so...
Then why don't you buy their services and you can come back and tell us all about it.

As I had said, I was very unsure of these companies and I just thought that here may be a good place to ask about them!
If you were very unsure then why even ask? Do you normally spend thousands of dollars with companies you are very unsure of?

Jesus H Christ!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:09 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I have found several on-line companies that advertise the possibilty of buying a fast Visa!!! As I am interested in getting a K1 Fiance Visa as quickly as possible I find this idea very tempting but also very worrying! Is it legal? Are the Visas real? One company I found promises the K1 Visa in under 3 months which is extremely attractive as I have been told that the K1 can take from 3 to 12 months.

Does anyone have any experience with these companies?

Thanks!
LOL (Excuse my laughter).
Too good to be true, People in your position wish it was for real.. but unfortunately.. K1 does not take 3 months (Unless you go thru Vermont.. and then again there is RFE's and busy consulates..)
Good Luck on your journey!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
There have been people who have used them over the years. But if you look at the websites you will see several things:

1. You are not working with an attorney. You will be working, if you work with anyone at all, with a paralegal who is in a state which allows them to complete forms.

2. You will not have the ability to seek additional help after the filing of the petition if your petition encounters a problem such as an RFE.

3. If there is an attorney listed on the site, that attorney is nothing more than a figurehead who lends his name to the site for a fee for validity purposes.

4. The timelines quoted have not changed in all of the six years I have been around and the timelines have indeed changed and all one has to do is check the source to confirm that (USCIS).

5. Promises to push your application ahead is only that: a promise. No one can do that unless they have friends on the inside who are willing to circumvent the structure of the agency by placing those petitions ahead of others. The USCIS often slows down petitions when a congressional rep becomes involved so the intrevention of a non-descript paralegal should not decrease the anticipated time for adjudication of an I-129F stateside.

6. A paralegal and/or even an immigration attorney cannot make the US Consulate aboard adjudicate your petition quicker. They are an entity unto themselves and do not like interference. In fact they like it even less than the USCIS

7. These sites do not mention the addition of the NVC in the scope of approvals. Another department is now involved and that involvement means a longer timeline.

Rete
Thanks. Seven very good reasons not to use one of these companies!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Seven very good reasons not to use one of these companies!
Can you give us a few URL of these sites so I can have a read of what they have to say...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:13 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Rete sold me 2 bridges this morning...how much do you want for the florida land ..

Can you spell H U R R I C A N E?? :scared: No thanks!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:15 pm

Originally posted by Ranjini
Neither. It's thwart... Unless, of course you needed chilling out

Etymology: Middle English thwerten, from thwert, adverb
1 a : to run counter to so as to effectively oppose or baffle : CONTRAVENE b : to oppose successfully : defeat the hopes or aspirations of
2 : to pass through or across
synonym see FRUSTRATE
There is our English teacher
Good definition.. now tell me where you got it
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:16 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Andy
She asked for opinions and got them. What are you going on about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.