Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

co-sponsor? or my husband sponsor me? plz suggestions

co-sponsor? or my husband sponsor me? plz suggestions

Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Rosana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default co-sponsor? or my husband sponsor me? plz suggestions

Hello,
My husband and I are still confused about the affidavit of support. here is his situation :

2003 : year of graduation and some part-time jobs
2004 : work only the first semester - he spend 2nd semester 2004 in Morocco (where we had the chance to meet each other)
2005 : full-time job from february till august: making a good income (exceeded the poverty level)
2006 : the same full-time job with the same company : good income so far

so, plz, what you think? Will we need a co-sponsor? or can just my husband sponsor me?
Hope to get some of your advice
thanks in advance
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: co-sponsor? or my husband sponsor me? plz suggestions

Originally Posted by Rosana
so, plz, what you think? Will we need a co-sponsor? or can just my husband sponsor me?
As your husband, he *must* be your sponsor. Financially however, you *may* need a joint sponsor. There is absolutely no way to know *in advance* whether or not a joint sponsor will be required. So, it is best to have one ready just in case.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:53 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosana
Hello,
My husband and I are still confused about the affidavit of support. here is his situation :

2003 : year of graduation and some part-time jobs
2004 : work only the first semester - he spend 2nd semester 2004 in Morocco (where we had the chance to meet each other)
2005 : full-time job from february till august: making a good income (exceeded the poverty level)
2006 : the same full-time job with the same company : good income so far

Hope to get some of your advice
thanks in advance
Hey there:

Your husband needs to get Form 4506-T (also can be used to verify that your husband didn't not file any tax return)
You will need to present that along with the affidavit of support.
If he files taxes right away, you guys could use 2005 as the last filed tax return, if he is making good money right now I think the affidavit should be ok!
Someone.. please Correct me (nicely) If I am wrong!
Here is an example of how an I-864 should be filled out:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Feb 27th 2006 at 5:02 am.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:54 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I bumped this thread to see is others disagree/agree with my response.

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Feb 28th 2006 at 7:57 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I bumped this thread to see is others disagree/agree with my response.
There's really no way of knowing for sure, Hyper. I agree with Ian, have a joint sponsor lined up just in case. Since his work history is spotty, and he's only been recently full-time, you never know if that will fly with USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There's really no way of knowing for sure, Hyper. I agree with Ian, have a joint sponsor lined up just in case. Since his work history is spotty, and he's only been recently full-time, you never know if that will fly with USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
What will fly? haha, you are funny Thanks Rene you are the best!