Citizenship and moving

Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice
Default Citizenship and moving

I'm ready to file N400. In order to file it you have to live in your state for 3 months. I do not want to wait any longer, but we just found out that we have to move to a different state within probably a month. I do not want to move and wait 3 more months in order to file it.
As far as I understood after I file n400 and move I just call and change my adress on my application.
Does anybody knows if I'm going to face any problems because of my moving right after filing.
Thank you.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship and moving

Will you still be in the same service center jurisdiction?

Originally Posted by alina97
I'm ready to file N400. In order to file it you have to live in your state for 3 months. I do not want to wait any longer, but we just found out that we have to move to a different state within probably a month. I do not want to move and wait 3 more months in order to file it.
As far as I understood after I file n400 and move I just call and change my adress on my application.
Does anybody knows if I'm going to face any problems because of my moving right after filing.
Thank you.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
Alina:

There is no need to wait any longer. File the N400 here and when you move give in the address change request. Your N400 biometrics and inteview will be held at the USCIS of your new location.

And that said your I 751 waiver will be transfered to the new location.

Good Luck.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Will you still be in the same service center jurisdiction?
I'm not sure I guess I have to check it. I only checked my new office, I'm moving from Iowa to Wisconsin, so I had my local office in Des Moines, now - in Milwaukee, but I think it will still be Nebraska service center
Yes, it's still Nebraska

Last edited by alina97; Dec 8th 2009 at 5:16 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lostlove
Alina:

There is no need to wait any longer. File the N400 here and when you move give in the address change request. Your N400 biometrics and inteview will be held at the USCIS of your new location.

And that said your I 751 waiver will be transfered to the new location.

Good Luck.
Thank you, lostlove
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I guess I have to check it. I only checked my new office, I'm moving from Iowa to Wisconsin, so I had my local office in Des Moines, now - in Milwaukee, but I think it will still be Nebraska service center
Yes, it's still Nebraska

This is only my opinion, but you will fulfill the criteria at the time of filing and by the time you are interviewed you will once again by fulfill the residency requirement for your new county. The only issue I see upfront is the biometrics appointment and the change of address with the service center.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:40 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

According to the CFR (too lazy to find the section), if you are filing 90 days early then you only need to satisfy the requirement of being a resident of a state/district for three months at the time of your interview, not at the time of filing.

<SNIPPED>
Thank you.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 8th 2009 at 7:58 pm. Reason: If you have a problem with a moderator's action, please pm them privately. Don't abuse the site regulations.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

This is only my opinion, but you will fulfill the criteria at the time of filing and by the time you are interviewed you will once again by fulfill the residency requirement for your new county. The only issue I see upfront is the biometrics appointment and the change of address with the service center.
You mean I have 3 months right now before the filing and probably after I move within the next month I will probably be a resident of new county for at least 3 months before the interview (I do not think the interview will be before 5-6 months)
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

Alina,

Did you apply for your Citizenship? Keep us updated. I will surely be watching all your posts very very closey, bec I may be in te same boat down the line.

All the best with everything.

Kim.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by notkim
Alina,

Did you apply for your Citizenship? Keep us updated. I will surely be watching all your posts very very closey, bec I may be in te same boat down the line.

All the best with everything.

Kim.
Thanks Kim,
what about you? have you heard anything yet?

I was getting my papers together for n400, with all this moving it's a liitle bit complicated, but now just yesterday I received a letter from my local office for an interview for january 14 th. So it's even more complicated to get all the originals and copies together. Do not know if I'm more happy or scared.
From your story I think even after the interview it might take time for the decision. I wonder if they will let my new husband to be there with me. I will let you know what happened.
I am still planning to send n400 anytime now.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:05 pm
Concierge

If it is strictly the interview/test for naturalization, your husband cannot go into the room with you. He can wait in the waiting room. However, since you have issue with the non-adjudication of the I-751, that is what this meeting might be about. If so, he might be allowed in with you. Bring everything with you in case it is for the I-751.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

If it is strictly the interview/test for naturalization, your husband cannot go into the room with you. He can wait in the waiting room. However, since you have issue with the non-adjudication of the I-751, that is what this meeting might be about. If so, he might be allowed in with you. Bring everything with you in case it is for the I-751.
Rete, this is the interview for i 751 waiver from previous marriage, I'm remarried now to a different person. Wonder if they will allow my new husband to be there. I doubt though.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Rete, this is the interview for i 751 waiver from previous marriage, I'm remarried now to a different person.
I can't remember if you have an attorney or not... if you do, take the attorney with you. The attorney will be allowed in with you.

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:24 am
Concierge

Rete, this is the interview for i 751 waiver from previous marriage, I'm remarried now to a different person. Wonder if they will allow my new husband to be there. I doubt though.

I remembered all of that but you tacked this on to your thread about the N-400 so I glossed over the detail in your first sentence, my fault.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

I remembered all of that but you tacked this on to your thread about the N-400 so I glossed over the detail in your first sentence, my fault.
Don't worry I don't even remember all of this myself sometimes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.