Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Citizenship interview /criminal history

Citizenship interview /criminal history

Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

vladnelson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship interview /criminal history

Originally Posted by Rete
It's an explanation that is not required and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the scheme of US immigration. Were you asked about this crime at the K-1 interview? How about when you went to the adjustment of status interview? Were you asked about the details of this crime and did you declare your innocence and that the authorities bore false witness against you to obtain a conviction? Did you at any time in history hire a solicitor to have this verdict overturned and innocence proclaimed on the front pages of the local dailies?

If asked about your criminal past, you give a brief reply and hand over the documentation. First mistake you made is to not make copies of paperwork submitted with each and every petition you submitted to immigrate to the US. That said, USCIS will have a copy of your ACRO report and your submitted documentation in your case file. Learn your American history, dress casually but neatly, be respectful, and good luck.
Thank you Rete. I wasn't asked at the k-1 interview nor the PR interview. I'm probably just needlessly stressing myself out for no reason
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

vladnelson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship interview /criminal history

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No problem, you are new.

Good luck with it all. Stick around and join in the other BE forums.
Thank you Jerseygirl. I guess I've learnt what I needed to know so this thread can now fade into oblivion. Thank you all for your imput.