Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

CIEE Professional Career Training USA

CIEE Professional Career Training USA

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

sundavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIEE Professional Career Training USA

Hi

I have enrolled on this program following a link from another site. Does anyone know anyone else who has ?
The girl whose link I've followed has got herself a placement in Memphis and as far as I can tell is over there at the moment.
My problem is that I've applied for loads of jobs but wonder if I'm maybe doing it wrong - I've been trawling Monster.com and CareerBuilder. com together with the careers section of the local paper - San Diego Tribune - does anyone know of any other sites of employers that offer placements to people on programs such as this ?

Please don't yell at me - I just want to live and work legally in the US and I'm thinking this may give me some experience at least

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIEE Professional Career Training USA

Make sure to explain in your cover letter that you will be taking care of all visa issues. Employers tend to not consider people without employment eligibility and many don't know about J1. When I applied for a J1 Position I always had to explain the procedure during interviews.