Change of Address

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Change of Address

A little advice if you will...

My American fiance and I submitted a I-129 Petition for Alien Fiance in January and are currently waiting for news, however I am due to move house at the end of May.

I have read about change of address in the I-129 instructions, but I presume this relates to the party petitioning ie Chris, not me. It links to their website and when I read the section on change of address (https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa) it is talking about being able to change address online (for US citizens) and having to fill in forms (for a non-US citizens) but I get the impression this is if I was currently living there and had a pending case, which I'm not and at present have not personally submitted anything to them (bearing in mind Chris is the petitioner).

My question is (or questions really)...do I need to let them know (I presume so)? And if so, how do I go about doing this?

In your experience will this effect anything? and does it matter that at present I am just the subject of a petition and have not actually applied for the visa yet?

I'll admit I am a little worried that this might hold things up in some way (I've heard semi-horror stories, but involving a change of address of the petitioner), I'm not at all familiar with the checks that get done on me before they approve the petition and as much as I can't see how this would make a difference to the results, I am concerned that it will throw a spanner in the works

Thanks
Jenna

PS Is it just me that feels like everything in this process always feels like it's hanging on a shaky nail??? Or am I just having a pessimistic day (for a change)!!??
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Address

Pessimistic.

As the petition beneficiary, your address doesn't matter at this point. You can update your address when your petition is approved by contacting the NVC.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Phew, thanks

I take it the NVC will then in turn update London as well once I let them know? Presuming that by the time we get notice of the approval the case will already be on it's way to the US embassy...could potentially cause issue obviously if they have the wrong address for me!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you miss it at the NVC, you'll be able to inform the Consulate by email. No problemo.
You'll be gathering your packet documents and getting everything ready for the Consulate in advance of and independant of any mail from them anyway. Right?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Of course

I've a lot on my plate at the moment, but was planning on getting to that in the next few weeks to be on the safe side...just so it's ready if by some miracle we hear something soon!

Thanks for your help

Now, once I realised I'm completely lost compiling my packet documents I'm sure I'll be back
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

Hi,

I will be in the same situation at the end of July, as I am due to move back to my parents address, however when I compiled my stuff for the i-129 f package i did let them know that my official address is my parents place (as im still at uni)

Its good to know you can notify the embassy, is it perhaps worth informing them when I return the packet 3 checklist (when it eventually arrives with me) that after the end of july i will be residing at a different address, or to do it independently of the checklist. also, can you do it over the phone?

thanks for bringing up this topic, was in the back of my mind.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Just while we're on it as well...can I ask what list of documents you guys refer to for what will be required for the K1 application? Do you have a copy of the actual checklist that they send?

I've a had a rake around, I thought I had all this stuff in bookmarks from when we first researched, but I'm betting you guys all know what you're doing better than I think I do!!!

The info on here about the K1 says to refer to the Embassy info but I can't find anything on their site listing what is required?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

hey, check the thread i just started regarding the same thing:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605154
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

Sometimes I feel like I need an idiots guide with all this....information overload!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Another question...

Will it matter if I get my police check/certificate done prior to moving that it didn't include that address (due to now living there yet)? Presuming that I will likely live at that address by the time I have my interview. I have read that they like to see one that has been done in the last 6 months, but not sure if it makes any reference to the addresses involved?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure, I think I'm gonna get my police check done based on my parents address, as all my bank details, my driving licence/passport, student loans and official things go to my parents place not my uni house. Plus I sense by the time my packet 3 is back and everything is ready I will be getting an interview close to me moving or just after, so I might do it based on my home address.

Where are you looking to get your police check done? Do you know if there is somewhere online i can get it done?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ajmstevenson
Not sure, I think I'm gonna get my police check done based on my parents address, as all my bank details, my driving licence/passport, student loans and official things go to my parents place not my uni house. Plus I sense by the time my packet 3 is back and everything is ready I will be getting an interview close to me moving or just after, so I might do it based on my home address.

Where are you looking to get your police check done? Do you know if there is somewhere online i can get it done?
Thread drift... !

Please see the wiki first for these questions. There is only one place to get the police certificate; I posted these links earlier today.