Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:38 am
Aeter

Default Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Today i was cheking the status of my I130 & I485 and it looks it was
transfered back from LA to MSC. i had my Interview about 9 months ago,
they requested more evidence which i already submitted in about the
same periode as my interview.
this is the first udpate since my Interview. what does it mean?
thank you.

Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Originally Posted by Aeter
what does it mean?
What does it mean? It means your I-130 and I-485 were transfered from LA to MSC.

Ian
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What does it mean? It means your I-130 and I-485 were transfered from LA to MSC.

Ian
His next question will likely be, why was it transferred? The answer to that is something we have no way of knowing. The OP will only know the answer to that when he gets further information from USCIS.

Rene
Old Nov 21st 2006, 4:05 pm
Kat

Hi
I dont know exactly what it means but I had the same thing on my case.
    >From what I was told you still deal with your local office. I also
have had my interview but always told "your pending" due to background
checks. Hopefully this will make it go through faster but I highly
doubt it. If i find out anything I will keep you posted.
Good luck

aeter wrote:
    > Today i was cheking the status of my I130 & I485 and it looks it was
    > transfered back from LA to MSC. i had my Interview about 9 months ago,
    > they requested more evidence which i already submitted in about the
    > same periode as my interview.
    > this is the first udpate since my Interview. what does it mean?
    > thank you.

Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
His next question will likely be, why was it transferred? The answer to that is something we have no way of knowing. The OP will only know the answer to that when he gets further information from USCIS.

Rene

Why the sniping? What is wrong with people asking whether other people have had similar experiences, and what the outcome may have been?

I am in a similar situation in that my son's security clearance status seems to have changed, and his file may possibly have been transferred elsewhere, but I have no idea whether this is just a rewording of what went on before, or whether something new is actually happening.

If USCIS could be bothered to staff its so-called "Helpline" with people who could actually help, or at least provide something approaching accurate information, immigrants would not have to resort to fishing for crumbs of information on forums such as this one.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
If USCIS could be bothered to staff its so-called "Helpline" with people who could actually help, or at least provide something approaching accurate information...
This is an excellent idea... I really wish something like this would happen.

Ian
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:27 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This is an excellent idea... I really wish something like this would happen.

Ian
And since it is not going to happen in our lifetime, could we perhaps try to be patient with all the frustrated people out there who pop into this forum occasikonally to ask a question, as long as they do so politely?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aeter
Today i was cheking the status of my I130 & I485 and it looks it was
transfered back from LA to MSC. i had my Interview about 9 months ago,
they requested more evidence which i already submitted in about the
same periode as my interview.
this is the first udpate since my Interview. what does it mean?
thank you.

I would be very worried and as such make an Infopass appointment for asap. The return of your file could mean one of two things that I as a layperson know of:

1. It has been closed due to rejection or approval

2. Has been returned to MSC for filing at the National Records Center.

Since you have not heard one way or the other, neither is a good sign. You might want to talk to them ASAP and also contact your attorney if you are using one and/or your political rep to look into this for you.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Why the sniping?
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. I was genuinely just trying to predict the next question. My apologies for sounding snipey.

Rene
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

couriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
I would be very worried and as such make an Infopass appointment for asap. The return of your file could mean one of two things that I as a layperson know of:

1. It has been closed due to rejection or approval

2. Has been returned to MSC for filing at the National Records Center.

Since you have not heard one way or the other, neither is a good sign. You might want to talk to them ASAP and also contact your attorney if you are using one and/or your political rep to look into this for you.
I wasn't even fingerprinted, and this (transfered to MSC) is the last update on my case online as well...
This happened one week after a reply for my RFE response by email: "we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."
I don't know if it's normal or not, but there would be no reason for them to reject my case right away...
Any idea as why a case could be returned to MSC for filing at the National Records Center?
Thanks a lot,
Ana

Last edited by couriousana; Nov 21st 2006 at 6:59 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:14 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by couriousana
I wasn't even fingerprinted, and this (transfered to MSC) is the last update on my case online as well...
This happened one week after a reply for my RFE response by email: "we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."
I don't know if it's normal or not, but there would be no reason for them to reject my case right away...
Any idea as why a case could be returned to MSC for filing at the National Records Center?
Thanks a lot,
Ana
Please can you clarify as this doesn't make any sense. How is it possible for you to have had the interview (re your 1st post) if you have not been fingerprinted?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

couriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant future

Please can you clarify as this doesn't make any sense. How is it possible for you to have had the interview (re your 1st post) if you have not been fingerprinted?
Elvira, I never wrote I had an interview...
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:23 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by couriousana
Elvira, I never wrote I had an interview...

Sorry, I confused you with the OP
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

I just got my interview letter on my mail!
It was sent from Lees Summit, MO (Missouri?). If the OP didn't start this post, I wouldn't know that the case being sent to MSC is something out of standard.
What is really weird is that my interview letter came before biometrics letter...
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:03 am
Account Closed

And since it is not going to happen in our lifetime...
I was trying to be nice to you. <sigh>

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.