Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Transfered To MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

I second as I had this exact thing occur to me. Looooong story short.

I reside near New Orleans which has alway had a long processing time for AOS. Wife enters on 14 Feb with me in tow. I-130 approved Aug. 2004. I read reread and proffed our application and had a question so we went to the N.O. office and got our answer. I wanted to mail immediately and didn't have check book soooooo used debit card and purchased money order and submitted application.

Meanwhile back in Baton Rouge in the casita all my hard labor paid off. You guessed it...my little mamasita was embarazada. We procured a beautiful little paisa princessa and time marched on.

Enter hurricain Katrina. The water only entered a small portion of the house and I only lost three boxes of papers. The oh so helpful latina friends that "helped" my bride clean up tossed out some of our papers...including my receipt for the money order that went with the AOS application.

I went to the reassigned office in Jackson and was told to be patient and wait. so I waited and waited. The two year K-3 expired and and I became mildly concerned. One month later drove the six hours round trip to the Jackson MS office and was told that the file was at the NRC.

After a certain amount of time it was "determined" that the application had never been received. I politely but firmly informed then that it had been received AND the money order cashed.

You got it the money order was tossed in post katrina clean up. But wait...it gets better...the small Vietnamese grocery that sold my the money order had beed totally wiped from the face of the earth...so no looking for records of the money order. I located the appointment slip and believe it or not the ATM receipt showing withdrawal on the day. They didn't buy it.

No problem...I had scanned ALL the immigrations documents into the computer...jejeje hooyah. Murphy surfaced and my 16 yo infected my computer down loading something from the internet. ARRRRRGH!

The nice immigrations officere pulled me aside and conspiritially advised me to apply for a fee waiver. She DID point out that there was no guarantee but that I should have an answer in thirty days and could then pay the fee and file if the answer was no.

Well I NOW know that if you apply for a fee waiver the packet isn't receipted and processed normally and there is no way to get an estimated ajudication date. One month passed and they told me two months. Two months and they told me three months.
As the forth month passed and I started getting pushy I was "politely" informed that my wife was approaching the 180 day mark and that if she exceeded it. She COULD be deported under certain circumstances and that I MIGHT be compelled to file a waiver of excludability. Further I was told that the packet could under no circumstances be tracked. It was the first time that I received rude and accusatory treatment. They were very curious as to why I had some of my wifes immigrations papers and not the others. The old stuff was in the safety deposit box. The pending stuff in a cardboard file on the floor.

The 180 day mark was looming large and growing fast...like trees through the cockpit of an f-16 pointed straight down and afterburners kicked in. I chickened out and mailed a third application; with a second check registered, return receipt mail. Two days after they cashed the check they notified me that my application for a waiver of fees had been granted! At least I got the advanced parole "free".

And since I have no "proof" that they received the application with fees...I gotta go to the back of the line. They currently are processing July 26,2005 for the New Orleans area.

Under lessons learned:

1.Always, always pay with a personal check. It could have been tracked.

2. Keep your records in a safe place. I had narrowly dodged a bullet in the
K-3 application process. I had my car detailed and prior to doing so removed my briefcase that had ALL of my documents from four countries in it. I used to carry them back and fro and work on them at work, my mommas, etc. The car was jacked from my daughter while I entered the local grocery. If those documents had been lost it would have set me back months and months and dollars as well.

3. Post a reminder on your deadlines and filings...doh.

4.Never, never trust an immigrations officer.

5. And yes this faux pax would have been prevented had I used an attorney in 99.99 percent of the cases.

6.Back up your hard drive regurlarly and keep in separate secure location.

7. Congressional liason officers are a great help...they finally got the application sorted out.

8. Never forget Murphy.

At the end of the day...I still a happy camper though. I am one persistant coonass. My mistake cost me. So what I rolled the dice and lost this time due to my forgetfullness. It was caught in time and will cost me about an extra grand and my wife two or three years lost time to naturalization...sigh.

hope some people can benefit from my experiences,

tp
Originally Posted by Rete
I would be very worried and as such make an Infopass appointment for asap. The return of your file could mean one of two things that I as a layperson know of:

1. It has been closed due to rejection or approval

2. Has been returned to MSC for filing at the National Records Center.

Since you have not heard one way or the other, neither is a good sign. You might want to talk to them ASAP and also contact your attorney if you are using one and/or your political rep to look into this for you.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:04 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I was trying to be nice to you. <sigh>

Ian

I know you were, Ian. (I was just making a factual statement, btw.)

And I realise Rene didn't mean to sound as if she was sniping.

We all get a bit impatient at times. (Me too )

But those of us still caught up in the immigration maze often feel very insecure and utterly stressed out. I know I've just about reached the end of the rope with all this.

But we battle on...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aeter
Today i was cheking the status of my I130 & I485 and it looks it was
transfered back from LA to MSC. i had my Interview about 9 months ago,
they requested more evidence which i already submitted in about the
same periode as my interview.
this is the first udpate since my Interview. what does it mean?
thank you.
I don't think it is cause for panic; something has changed in what they 'normally' do. Others have been getting this same message & you might find some explanation (and a lot more guesses) here:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...ransfer&st=800
http://tinyurl.com/y83t4r

Another one here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...howtopic=43081
http://tinyurl.com/vcufg

Last edited by meauxna; Nov 22nd 2006 at 2:21 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:01 am
David L. Beem

>> Today i was checking the status of my I130 & I485
    >> and it looks it was transfered back from LA to MSC...
    > I don't think it is cause for panic; something has changed in what
    > they 'normally' do. Others have been getting this same message...
I had an I-129F forwarded to the Missouri Service Center this Summer...

Quoting technicalities...

being cold-hearted...

ultimately denying the petition...

Business as usual for USCIS. Should I be worried the third I-129F I filed
after that one was sent there too?

I'm taking it just like the I-129F & I-130s that are forwarded from the
TSC to CSC. CSC still lists these in their processing schedule, but a fair
amount seem to go to Missouri now. The forwards cause delays (my I-130 had a
delay of 18 days going from the TSC to CSC, which is what caused the I-129F
to get denied) but they will never update the forms (anyone else notice the
I-129F forms are misplaced in their instruction number sequence?) or website
to be of better service.