Can I vote on November 6th?

Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I vote on November 6th?

My oath ceremony is on October 23rd. On my online USCIS account, the message about the ceremony contains this:

"You will also have the opportunity to apply for a U.S. Passport/Passport Card, register to vote, and update your Social Security record."

I take that to mean at the event itself. How lengthy is the process to register to vote? Could I be ready to go for November 6th?
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I vote on November 6th?

It will depend on your state. If you’re in California then you’re a day late. You can however conditionally register to vote after 22 October.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/vot...nal-voter-reg/
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything to do with Taylor Swift?
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It will depend on your state. If you’re in California then you’re a day late. You can however conditionally register to vote after 22 October.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/vot...nal-voter-reg/
Thanks. Sounds like it could be a possibility then. I guess the people taking the registrations at the oath ceremony will be the ones with all the info (as 5000 people will probably be asking the same thing).
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
Anything to do with Taylor Swift?
Ha ha. Absolutely not. I vaguely heard something about her voicing her opinions on the news. I don't do social media so have no idea what they are. My opinions are the only ones that matter to me