Can I now visit back home?

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I now visit back home?

I've just received an Employment Authorization Card. It says 'Serves as I-512 advance parole' on it. Valid until Jan 2014.

I'm still waiting for the I-485 to be processed.

Can I now take a trip back home with this?
If so, do I need to do an I-94 on the way back, or just my passport and this card?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I now visit back home?

Originally Posted by dek
I've just received an Employment Authorization Card. It says 'Serves as I-512 advance parole' on it. Valid until Jan 2014.

I'm still waiting for the I-485 to be processed.

Can I now take a trip back home with this?
If so, do I need to do an I-94 on the way back, or just my passport and this card?
Yes, this AP card allows you to travel outside the USA and return to the USA without abandoning your AOS.

You need your passport, the AP card, and you will fill out a new I-94 on the way back to the USA.

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

Woo hoo!!

It's my 40th in March, so I was hoping to get back and see everyone then.

Right, now need to get a tan
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dek
Woo hoo!!

It's my 40th in March, so I was hoping to get back and see everyone then.

Right, now need to get a tan
Just be prepared to be taken to secondary when you return. Just a formality but we were sent to secondary every time we traveled on our Advanced parole document. Adds about 45 mins on to the immigration wait but easy enough...they just check their computers , said "welcome back" and let us through every time without any problems...just a hassle having to wait
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lisa67
Just be prepared to be taken to secondary when you return. Just a formality but we were sent to secondary every time we traveled on our Advanced parole document. Adds about 45 mins on to the immigration wait but easy enough...they just check their computers , said "welcome back" and let us through every time without any problems...just a hassle having to wait
Booooo, I don't fancy that!!

Hope my GC comes through before mid-march then.