business on h1b

Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business on h1b

Originally Posted by MichaelX
I can be travelling between Canada and the US, I can buy materials using my Canadian's company bank account, so how can someone tell for sure where it was manufactured?
The only thing that matters is that YOU, personally, do not do any physical work in that business.

You seem to know what you can and cannot do inside the USA. What you seem to be asking is really "if I violate the terms of my H1B, will anyone find out?"

You say you can be travelling between Canada and the USA. So, I suggest that whenever you're in Canada, you do the work up there, until such time that you're legally allowed to do the work in the USA.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:11 pm
Banned

MichaelX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The only thing that matters is that YOU, personally, do not do any physical work in that business.

You seem to know what you can and cannot do inside the USA. What you seem to be asking is really "if I violate the terms of my H1B, will anyone find out?"

You say you can be travelling between Canada and the USA. So, I suggest that whenever you're in Canada, you do the work up there, until such time that you're legally allowed to do the work in the USA.

Rene
I said I already know this.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I said I already know this.
I'm sorry, then I must not be understanding your question properly. I'll leave it to others to follow up.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:43 pm
Banned

MichaelX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm sorry, then I must not be understanding your question properly. I'll leave it to others to follow up.

Rene
I am trying to figure out how I can start and run business in the US with the help of my american partner. I know it violates my H1 status.. so I want to minimize the risks and stay safe as far as it's possible.

I have got several ideas, such as to use a Canadian company to to get income to my Canadian bank account. Don't sign any checks, documents, etc. Keep/reinvest profit into the company to get it later on once I have my Green Card done in a few years. I am trying to figure if something of this can work for me.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to figure out how I can start and run business in the US with the help of my american partner. I know it violates my H1 status.. so I want to minimize the risks and stay safe as far as it's possible.

I have got several ideas, such as to use a Canadian company to to get income to my Canadian bank account. Don't sign any checks, documents, etc. Keep/reinvest profit into the company to get it later on once I have my Green Card done in a few years. I am trying to figure if something of this can work for me.
You keep saying you know, but you keep repeating the same violation.

YOU can not legally do anything construed as work for the business venture from within the borders of the US. If you do then you are in violation of your legal status in the US. There is no alternative to this outside of breaking the law.

Your backdoor/loophole may work and you may never get caught, however this forum was not setup to assist you in breaking the law, which it appears is what you are asking here.

This thread needs to be closed. The OP seems intent on performing his illegal activities but is looking at the easiest way of doing this without getting caught. People here are advising against, but that is not sufficient for the OP.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:00 pm

I'm sorry, but no one here is going to assist you in violating the terms of your visa.

Thread Closed.

Rene