Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

British hubby getting US Citizenship

British hubby getting US Citizenship

Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

pendledreams5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British hubby getting US Citizenship

Originally Posted by zzrmark
​​​​​​The application was received by USCIS on 8th August 2018. My case may well have moved a little faster if it hadn't been held up for 30 days thanks to an RFE on my Permanent Residency case which had to be resolved before the N400 could proceed. Good news is that Christmas didn't seem to delay things much, as I was receiving notifications, etc on both the 22nd and 26th of December.

How far along are you guys, past biometrics or interview yet and presumably you're signed up for the USCIS 'myaccount' site to keep track of your case?
Hi zz,
He submitted paperwork Nov 2018 and had biometrics Dec 2018. The website says completion date is Nov 2019. Our plan is to leave here in July, so we'll see.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pendledreams5
Hi zz,
He submitted paperwork Nov 2018 and had biometrics Dec 2018. The website says completion date is Nov 2019. Our plan is to leave here in July, so we'll see.
Unless your husband will remain in the US , he is obligated to file an AR11 associated with the green card indicating your new British address and to separately update the N400 online account where it lets you inform them you’ve moved .
Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pendledreams5
Hi havnfun,
Sounds like that's a standard time, so the interview and ceremony were about a month apart?
I am in California (Los Angeles area) and they do Oath Ceremony's once a month, you can see on-line the date for the next few months. My husband's interview is this Friday so I am expecting that he will have his Oath Ceremony on February 20th which is the next date on the website.

They will swear in up to 10,000 new citizens on that day in Los Angeles. They have capacity to do 5,000 in the morning and 5,000 in the afternoon. My ceremony was on December 19 in the morning and there were "only" 3,300 of us! It is quite the production and I was amazed at how organized it all was.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun_burn

Unless your husband will remain in the US , he is obligated to file an AR11 associated with the green card indicating your new British address and to separately update the N400 online account where it lets you inform them you’ve moved .
Fairly sure that naturalization requires US residence.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Fairly sure that naturalization requires US residence.
Yes I know but rather than argue with anecdotes about people who left the country before their naturalization interviews and still cleared it, I simply stated the rules as they are - which require the OP to list a UK address in their AR-11 and the N-400 address change forms.