Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificate/Passport name don't match

Birth Certificate/Passport name don't match

Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

ITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to all
Default Birth Certificate/Passport name don't match

Hi,

I will hopefully be applying for an L1 soon and have realised that my first name in my passport doesn't match my first name on my birth certificate. Don't ask how it happened!

The mistake is as simple as from Jacksn to Jackson. The middle name and last name are the same as are all the other details.

This also applies to my education certificates. They match my passport and not the birth certificate.

What should I do? Change my name by deed poll to make the change official, or try to explain it away if they find the discrepancy?

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth Certificate/Passport name don't match

Originally Posted by ITsWhatIDo
I ... have realised that my first name in my passport doesn't match my first name on my birth certificate.
I think Groban said it best... "you're still you".

Change my name by deed poll to make the change official...
This is definitely the easiest thing to do.

Ian
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I will hopefully be applying for an L1 soon and have realised that my first name in my passport doesn't match my first name on my birth certificate. Don't ask how it happened!

The mistake is as simple as from Jacksn to Jackson. The middle name and last name are the same as are all the other details.

This also applies to my education certificates. They match my passport and not the birth certificate.

What should I do? Change my name by deed poll to make the change official, or try to explain it away if they find the discrepancy?

Thanks
Don't worry about it - they wont want to see your birth certificate, or at least they didn't want to see mine anyway, and I'm on L1. My name also differers between my birth certificate and my passport. Years ago I had to get a statutory decoration signed by a judge in order for me to get my passport. But I have had no issues with anything else.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

ITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to all

DH thanks for the confirmation, especially as you also applied for a L1.

I can breathe a sigh of relief
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

DH thanks for the confirmation, especially as you also applied for a L1.

I can breathe a sigh of relief
Where you moving to in GA?