Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Best way for me to move to the US?

Best way for me to move to the US?

Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Markt553 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way for me to move to the US?

I have been trying to do this for about 5 years now (after having worked out there on a BUNAC scheme) and so far have had 2 interviews. One interview was a job rejection and one offered me a job but then it didn't pass the J1 visa requirements.
I have also written and emailed (more than 100) companies but I never get a response. Am I going about this the wrong way?
I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and Product Design with 4 years working experience. I would be looking for work in manufacturing planning or supply chain and I'm sure that I am employable from the amount of interest I am getting over here.

As posted on another thread I do have a pre-existing medical condition and I'm concerned that this will ruin any thoughts I have anyway.

Grateful for any help.
Mark.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:14 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way for me to move to the US?

Originally Posted by Markt553
I have been trying to do this for about 5 years now (after having worked out there on a BUNAC scheme) and so far have had 2 interviews. One interview was a job rejection and one offered me a job but then it didn't pass the J1 visa requirements.
I have also written and emailed (more than 100) companies but I never get a response. Am I going about this the wrong way?
I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and Product Design with 4 years working experience. I would be looking for work in manufacturing planning or supply chain and I'm sure that I am employable from the amount of interest I am getting over here.

As posted on another thread I do have a pre-existing medical condition and I'm concerned that this will ruin any thoughts I have anyway.

Grateful for any help.
Mark.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA