B2 visa or vwp please help

Old May 26th 2011, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

orangesurfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 visa or vwp please help

Hi there

Just got a few questions on the b2 visa ,

Ok a friend of mine has been arrested a few times so cant go on the vwp and got the police cert which said no trace.

for the b2 visa you need strong ties to uk , He lives with family and runs a hosting business and has no property in his name.

he has applied for college to start in sept but still hasnt been accepted yet.

hes got a letter for the college inteview and wants to go to US for two month in june as his girlfriend lives in us they want to marry next year .

how would they know if you've been arrested ??? as the police cert says no trace

i said i dont know but if you want to apply for the k1 visa next year your best to try the b2 visa route and hope for the best .

even though it seems you have weak ties to the uk , the hosting business he gets paid via paypal and doesnt keep his money in his bank account.

he can show 5 months of paypal transactions like printed off to show this

can someone advise me more on this so i can tell him what to do ????

please and thanks

Last edited by orangesurfer; May 26th 2011 at 8:38 pm.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 visa or vwp please help

Your friend should re-read the questions asked on the ESTA application to be sure he is not eligible to use the VWP and then he should post here himself with his questions.

A B application at this point might not be so smart if he is making a student visa application soon (you're not clear about that, which is why first hand accounts are better).
Old May 26th 2011, 9:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangesurfer
HiOk a friend of mine has been arrested a few times so cant go on the vwp...
It's not the fact that he has been arrested a few times, it's what he was arrested for. Were they CIMTs?

for the b2 visa you need strong ties to uk , He lives with family and runs a hosting business and has no property in his name.
Indeed, it is difficult to get a B-2 visa if one is eligible to use the VWP. From what you posted here, it sounds like his ties to home are not very strong, plus he has a USC love interest, which works against him. However, we have not yet determined for sure that he can't travel on the VWP.

he has applied for college to start in sept but still hasnt been accepted yet. hes got a letter for the college inteview....
Where?

...wants to go to US for two month in june as his girlfriend lives in us they want to marry next year .

i said i dont know but if you want to apply for the k1 visa next year ...
If the purpose of his trip is so that he and his girlfiend can meet in person, in order to begin the K-1 process, then perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to have her come visit him instead.

your best to try the b2 visa route and hope for the best .
I disagree. A frivolous B-2 application can harm his chances of getting ESTA approval in the near future, thus making it even more difficult to visit the USA.

can someone advise me more on this so i can tell him what to do ????
Yes.

1. He should join BE himself and post his details first-hand, instead of going through you; and

2. He should have a consultation with an immigration attorney who can look at his arrest records and determine whether they were CIMT or not. Then proceed from there, depending on what the answer is.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 26th 2011 at 9:10 pm.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

his arrest was for drunk and disorderly

his girlfriend has three kids so its hard for here to come to uk and can only come for a short stay

she has said just go on the vwp but i said best to get the info from different sources before you buy your ticket

thanks for your quick relies

Last edited by Noorah101; May 26th 2011 at 9:23 pm. Reason: removed quotes
Old May 26th 2011, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming your friend is running an on-line business...does he realise he cannot work while he is in the US for 2 months...not even on-line?
Old May 26th 2011, 9:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What were your other arrests for besides the d/d?
Old May 26th 2011, 9:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

his arrest was for drunk and disorderly
OK, he needs to find out if that constitutes CIMT.

his girlfriend has three kids so its hard for here to come to uk and can only come for a short stay
To qualify for the K-1 visa, they only have to meet in person, no matter how brief. Have they met in person yet at all?

Rene
Old May 26th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi

he wont be working while in us as he has staff to run his business , also i will be running it for him

i think he should be ok on vwp i think then rather than going the b2 route as the person on another forum who is amercian said that his girlfriend came on vwp but had been arrested and she had no problems.

oh yeh they havent met in person yet so this was going to be the first meeting in person

thanks for all the replies back though
Old May 26th 2011, 9:43 pm

Keep in mind that no two cases are alike.

But good luck to your friend.

Rene
Old May 26th 2011, 9:54 pm

Hi

he wont be working while in us as he has staff to run his business , also i will be running it for him

i think he should be ok on vwp i think then rather than going the b2 route as the person on another forum who is amercian said that his girlfriend came on vwp but had been arrested and she had no problems.

oh yeh they havent met in person yet so this was going to be the first meeting in person

thanks for all the replies back though
Your advice for him is woefully insufficient. I hope it doesn't scupper their romance & chance to be together.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Yeh i wish them luck too , even though i said it better she moved to uk

free health care etc the problem is the kids dad he wont let them leave us or else it would have been her applying here in uk

she does want to live in uk but will be after kids grown up lol

thanks for all your replies back though
Old May 26th 2011, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

ok i will say i have no idea at all but you wil get denied b2 visa as your ties to uk are weak

so get her to come for a week then apply k1 and then away you go to us

then win win all around

lol

Last edited by orangesurfer; May 26th 2011 at 10:07 pm.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:01 pm

ok i will say i have no idea at all but you wil get denied b2 visa as your ties to uk are weak

so get her to come for a week then apply k1 and then away you go to us

the win win all around

lol
If you're going to tell him anything at all, the above quote is better than just telling him to "go on the VWP and hope for the best" or "apply for B-2 and hope for the best".

Rene
Old May 27th 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Hello

ok just an update for you all my friends gf is coming to the uk , i want to know the answer to this question too.

can they get married in uk if she is on the vwp ????

ive heard loads of people have done this.

my gf who is amercian will be coming to uk when she is divorced and she will be on vwp too

any advise here ???

or is it better just to get married in us and apply for k1 ???

thanks
Old May 27th 2011, 8:42 pm

Are you now asking about two different couples?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.