B2 Visa-Update With Question

Old May 20th 2012, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa-Update With Question

Originally Posted by glo
Good thing it was section 217 then.

Alas, back to my original question, thoughts bearing in mind my circumstances?
I can't see why the letters re your grandad and your first week's accommodation has any relevance.
Old May 20th 2012, 8:58 pm
glo
Just Joined

glo is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed it is.

Either way, I've provided and will provide good reasons as to why 6 months is a suitable amount of time to travel in, also within the context of when my full time job starts.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glo
Indeed it is.

Either way, I've provided and will provide good reasons as to why 6 months is a suitable amount of time to travel in, also within the context of when my full time job starts.

Who are you replying to? It is helpful if you hit the quote tab of the post you are replying to...that way we can all see who you are replying to.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 20th 2012 at 9:13 pm.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:02 pm
glo
Just Joined

Jerseygirl: The letter regarding my grandad, I believe, provides a reason as to why I would come back at any time, as mentioned, if anything happens to him. As such, in line with everything else, his being in hospital and thus anything happening to him would be a good cause for me to come back early. Again in support of my intentions to come back.

The letter regarding my first week of tourism, I believe, just shows that I have actually bothered to plan my trip and the specific locations I am going to. Instead of just saying I'm staying at XYZ hostel, I have evidence of where I will be going and intend to be staying (sleeping at) while travelling.

You may think that these don't provide much support. It's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Who are you replying to? It is helpful if you hit the quote tab of the post you are replying to...that way we can all see who you are replying to.
She said, without using the quote function

(I know it was obvious who you were replying to, but I couldn't help myself).
Old May 20th 2012, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hillsforest. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glo
Jerseygirl: The letter regarding my grandad, I believe, provides a reason as to why I would come back at any time, as mentioned, if anything happens to him. As such, in line with everything else, his being in hospital and thus anything happening to him would be a good cause for me to come back early. Again in support of my intentions to come back.

The letter regarding my first week of tourism, I believe, just shows that I have actually bothered to plan my trip and the specific locations I am going to. Instead of just saying I'm staying at XYZ hostel, I have evidence of where I will be going and intend to be staying (sleeping at) while travelling.

You may think that these don't provide much support. It's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.
Go for it then, it seems you are unwilling to accept anybody elses opinion anyway.

I think the 75 percent acceptance rate includes the cohabiting b visa too, which is much easier to get.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:11 pm
glo
Just Joined

Hillforest: I'm not unwilling to accept anyone else's opinion. What I am stating is that there to seems be a lot of group-think mentality going on without stating the obvious reasons as to why this might be happening.

It's not that I'm not accepting anyone else's opinion, the discussion with JS seems to correlate this.

I just can't see why, given the explicit and incredibly detailed evidence I'm giving, the visa would be denied. Please could you elaborate as to why you think I might not get it? If that's what you think of course.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by JSL8610
She said, without using the quote function

(I know it was obvious who you were replying to, but I couldn't help myself).
So I did.

A quick edit done to rectify.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hillsforest.
Go for it then, it seems you are unwilling to accept anybody elses opinion anyway.
I think glo has already applied for the visa so it's too late to do anything now other than go for it.

Originally Posted by Hillsforest.
I think the 75 percent acceptance rate includes the cohabiting b visa too, which is much easier to get.
It does, and all other types of B visa, including B2s for people ineligible for the VWP (CIMTs, overstays etc).

James
Old May 20th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hillsforest. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glo
Hillforest: I'm not unwilling to accept anyone else's opinion. What I am stating is that there to seems be a lot of group-think mentality going on without stating the obvious reasons as to why this might be happening.

It's not that I'm not accepting anyone else's opinion, the discussion with JS seems to correlate this.

I just can't see why, given the explicit and incredibly detailed evidence I'm giving, the visa would be denied. Please could you elaborate as to why you think I might not get it? If that's what you think of course.
I think most people are saying its hard to say.

I have no b visa experience other than knowing nearly everybody ive heared apply for one that isnt retired, rich, or have some sort of conviction that makes them ineligeble for the vwp is denied.

I am currently in a visa process (h1b) and i can tell you, it doesnt always make sense, to me you seem to have decent evidence, but the uscis can decide what the want to.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Personally Glo, I don't think you have strong enough ties to the UK and that's why the visa will likely be denied.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glo

Here's what I think will happen to you:

Scenario 1 - you tell the con-off that you thought the 90 days on the VWP is inadequate and you want the B visa so you can have a little extra time jollying around the USA. I'll give this a success rate of less than 10%.

Scenario 2 - you tell the con-off that you thought any criminal conviction (not just CIMTs) made you ineligible for the VWP and that's why you are applying for a B visa. I'll give this a success rate of 50%.

Which would you rather do?
Old May 20th 2012, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glo

I know it's obvious to you that you plan on returning to the UK. However, it is the job of the CO essentially to keep people out of the US. He will need very convincing evidence that you will return. Barring the highly unlikely event of your interviewing CO replying to this thread, nobody can tell you whether the evidence you have will satisfy him.

For instance, a job starting in Jan 2013 sounds good. Then he sees that you're starting a PG course 8 months later. He will think that you can't be very serious about that job if you already have plans to leave.

Alright, you say, but what about my course then? What detriment will it be to you if you simply don't show up? You can drop out of these things long before you lose any money. You see, while it's obvious to you that you plan on coming back for these things, they're also things that somebody who had no intention of returning could easily set up and later cancel / not show up.

I'm not saying that you plan to do that - I don't think you do. Convincing the CO though may well be very difficult.

James
Old May 20th 2012, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSL8610
It does, and all other types of B visa, including B2s for people ineligible for the VWP (CIMTs, overstays etc).
That is correct, but with a caveat. Those published figures do not include those applicants with CIMTs/overstays/other inadmissibilities who required a waiver of ineligibility.

I believe the published figures only refer to people who were eligible for the VWP and subsequently applied for a B visa. People with multiple CIMT's for example won't have their cases included in the figures because they were never eligible for the VWP in the first place.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:24 pm
glo
Just Joined

Hillforest: Why would being rich make one more eligible?

Englishmuffin: What more evidence do you think I could provide?

Material: I'm not jollying around. I have specific areas and tourist destinations that I am incredibly interested in visiting. Further, there are various academics in the U.S, working specifically with the science of consciousness, that I would love to visit and talk to. These various academic departments are also hosting talks while, b2 visa permitted of course, I'm there.

Quite frankly 90 days is inadequate. As I'm sure you're aware the U.S is massive and I would love to see all the constiuent parts. 5/6 months is the amount of time to get see everything.

As I've said. I finish university soon. I have 6 months to explore the world. I would love to explore every aspect of the U.S that the country has to offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.