B2 Visa - Previous convictions

Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

applicantWithinUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 Visa - Previous convictions

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help!!

I am a non British Citizen. I have been living in the UK for the last 8 years and at the moment hold a Tier 1 General Visa (which expires on March 2014).

I have had a B2 USA Visa for the last 10 years (each one for 5 years). My current B2 USA Visa expires this March 2013. I am in the process of applying for a new B2 USA Visa.

FYI my brother in law was born in the USA and my sister is now an American citizen and my mother is a permanent USA resident (i.e. I go once or twice a year to the USA to visit my family).

I was taken into court 2 years ago here in the UK supposedly as I had ignored paying a speeding penalty fee (I honestly never got any notifications to pay this in the first place). For this the police came to my flat and took me to the court. On the day the judge found me "admonished" ("Absolute Discharge").

This conviction is now spent (I know the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 does not apply to USA visa law).

In regards to the question "Have you ever been arrested and/or convicted of an offense", do I need to say "Yes"?
If so, how likely is it for me to encounter issues as a result of this when applying for the new B2 USA Visa?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa - Previous convictions

Yes.
Originally Posted by applicantWithinUK
In regards to the question "Have you ever been arrested and/or convicted of an offense", do I need to say "Yes"?

Not at all likely.
If so, how likely is it for me to encounter issues as a result of this when applying for the new B2 USA Visa?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

I agree with Jeff... not likely.

Ian
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Ian and JEff.

Rene
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:33 am
Account Closed

evil-homer is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are applying for a new b2 visa anyway then its pointless not to mention it as it will not effect you anyway

ACPO certificate will cost you £35 (will be needed), which may show no live trace, you will then likly need a police subject access request from your local police which cost £10

The subject access request can take longer to come back then the ACPO so apply for both in advance