b2 visa!!!!confusion

Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:40 am
Just Joined

phoenix786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default b2 visa!!!!confusion

hi all, just registered with this site and need some advice...............

i currently have an american girlfriend, and have just been to seen her on the vwp for the third time in 3 years......on 2 occasions the latest being August 31st to November for 87 days or so. i want to apply for a B2 visa to visit her for 6 months in March 2010.......the reason being is that marriage is a big step and we both think that this could lead to that but do not want to rush into it....on that note also i am a british asian and would like for her to convert, however, she needs more time to think about this decision and be with me to see what it actually entails and how it would effect our lives, our children and so forth...

i currently help my father and brother run there own family business and they are willing to support this trip i also have savings of about £2000...... we will be living at her moms in the states....... i want to apply for the b2 visa and was wondering if anybody could offer any advice or anything in regards to this matter.....there is no plan on getting married at the moment as there is alot to talk about and compromise on first.

also i heard it is difficult to obtain a visa if eligible for vwp?

is my case strong enough to warrant a b2 visa? in the opinions of the people who read this?

any help would be appreciated
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:13 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b2 visa!!!!confusion

Originally Posted by phoenix786
hi all, just registered with this site and need some advice...............

i currently have an american girlfriend, and have just been to seen her on the vwp for the third time in 3 years......on 2 occasions the latest being August 31st to November for 87 days or so. i want to apply for a B2 visa to visit her for 6 months in March 2010.......the reason being is that marriage is a big step and we both think that this could lead to that but do not want to rush into it....on that note also i am a british asian and would like for her to convert, however, she needs more time to think about this decision and be with me to see what it actually entails and how it would effect our lives, our children and so forth...

i currently help my father and brother run there own family business and they are willing to support this trip i also have savings of about £2000...... we will be living at her moms in the states....... i want to apply for the b2 visa and was wondering if anybody could offer any advice or anything in regards to this matter.....there is no plan on getting married at the moment as there is alot to talk about and compromise on first.

also i heard it is difficult to obtain a visa if eligible for vwp?

is my case strong enough to warrant a b2 visa? in the opinions of the people who read this?

any help would be appreciated
Hi,
Yes you are right it is very difficult to obtain a B visa if you are able to use the VWP. I appreciate your reason for wanting one, it pretty much applies to anyone considering marriage. However, in my opinion, you would not be granted a B visa for this reason.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
Hi,
Yes you are right it is very difficult to obtain a B visa if you are able to use the VWP. I appreciate your reason for wanting one, it pretty much applies to anyone considering marriage. However, in my opinion, you would not be granted a B visa for this reason.
Forget it ...you would not get it ....
And a refusal often offends
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

phoenix786 is an unknown quantity at this point

what does offends mean? not familiar with the terminology yet
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i am a british asian and would like for her to convert...
You'd like her to convert to what? You comment suggests you want her to become a British Asian.

... i want to apply for the b2 visa and was wondering if anybody could offer any advice or anything in regards to this matter...
You will likely not get a B2 visa if you are eligible for the VWP.

is my case strong enough to warrant a b2 visa?
No. Further, there is no "spend time in the US with my girlfriend to see if it works out" visa.

what does offends mean?
I'm not sure what Ray meant... but if you apply for a B2 visa and it is denied (as it likely will be), you must thereafter declare the visa denial every time you visit on the VWP, and on any visa paperwork you might file in the future.

Ian
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:02 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

what does offends mean? not familiar with the terminology yet
It's a joke: many shops in the UK used to have signs saying "Please do not ask for credit, as a refusal often offends."

This was during the transition from a time when locals who were known to the shopkeepers were routinely extended credit.

End of social history lesson.

(Joke signs sometimes used to say "Please do not ask for credit, as a punch in the mouth often offends.")
Old Dec 13th 2009, 5:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

however, she needs more time to think about this decision and be with me to see what it actually entails and how it would effect our lives, our children and so forth...
The tourist period of admission to the UK is 6 months.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Some would tell you that your case is weaker that someone just wanting to be a tourist.....since you have a USC girlfriend you are likely to be considered to be a 'high risk' individual, who may attempt stay in the US permanently and never leave, while not possessing the correct visa document.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

realistic chances are slim to none....2K ain't much cash either for a 6 month stay.

Having a refusal for a visa means you'll likely have far more hassle using the VWP in the future.

Get the bird to visit you, she can come for 6 months at a time presuming she doesn't have any convictions or anything else stopping her from coming to the UK.