B2 Tourist Visa

Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

coleeyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B2 Tourist Visa

Hi, hope someone can offer a bit of advice.

I'm English and my partner is American and moving back to the states in August. I have applied for and been given a B2 visa (6 months). This is not idea but hopefully it will be a starting block. I'm struggling to find info on the B2, and have been told various things about it but can't validate any.

Can't it be used more than once?
What will happen if I leave the states and want to go back within the 6months?
If I go in under the VWP for 3 months, leave and return can I then use my 6month B2 or is it used for the first visit?

Also Would really appreciate any advice on how I can go about making my move more permenant? Unfortunately the states do not recognise gay marriages so that would not be an option.

Many thanks
S
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Tourist Visa

Originally Posted by coleeyo

I'm English and my partner is American and moving back to the states in August. I have applied for and been given a B2 visa (6 months). This is not idea but hopefully it will be a starting block. I'm struggling to find info on the B2, and have been told various things about it but can't validate any.

If I go in under the VWP for 3 months, leave and return can I then use my 6month B2 or is it used for the first visit?

Also Would really appreciate any advice on how I can go about making my move more permenant? Unfortunately the states do not recognise gay marriages so that would not be an option.

Many thanks
S
You B-2 will have expiry date on it up to a usual 10 year..yours may difffer
with this you can enter for usually a max of 180 days
Therefore to avoid any problem its best to have 180 days in and then 180 days out...

To go to the US permanently will require a work or investment visa
read this for the types

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

coleeyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ray. Indeed my visa expires in 10 years. Do you know if I can come back here for a shorter time before going back in and using the 6months again?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray. Indeed my visa expires in 10 years. Do you know if I can come back here for a shorter time before going back in and using the 6months again?
Thats not advisable ..but you can try
They will suspect you are attempting to live here..and you visa could be revoked .... not worth the risk ...in my opinion
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

dahlia is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks
S
Is anyone else curious about this English posters capability of obtaining a B2 visa when he is eligible for a VWP ? Just wonderin'
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:25 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by dahlia
Is anyone else curious about this English posters capability of obtaining a B2 visa when he is eligible for a VWP ? Just wonderin'
If you know how... it can be done ...
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks
S
Hi:

You ask questions without stating your intentions. Also, what did you say on the DS-156 about your intentions?

No way to answer you questions without details.