Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 12th 2013, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week nervous need help

Originally Posted by catdogcali
I know they ask you tricky questions...
They won't ask trick questions. They will ask direct questions... give them direct answers - just the facts, no embellishments, no rhetoric, no commentary, no supposition as to motives, nothing about what you think happened... only what actually happened.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2013, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Click on my username and search through my post history. This is something I've written about extensively in the past.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi catdogcali,

Please don't create new threads for the same topic. Keep your discussion in this thread, please.

Thank you,
Rene
Old Nov 12th 2013, 3:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

What do you plan to do while visiting three major cities in only one week? Seems a bit inconsistent on the surface.

You mention your salary, but not how much ready cash you have on hand. How can you afford to pay for the visit outlined by your answers to the previous questions?

What were the circumstances of your VWP overstay? Not "I didn't know the impact of it", what were you doing and why did you do it?

Regards, JEff
I just scheduled an interview for a B2 visa next week. I need some advice...

Got a great job @ GOV, with a good salary (around 5KUSD/Month)...

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Nov 12th 2013 at 3:25 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
What do you plan to do while visiting three major cities in only one week? Seems a bit inconsistent on the surface.

You mention your salary, but not how much ready cash you have on hand. How can you afford to pay for the visit outlined by your answers to the previous questions?

What were the circumstances of your VWP overstay? Not "I didn't know the impact of it", what were you doing and why did you do it?

Regards, JEff
Jeff,

What does look inconsistent? I plan on shopping, renting a car to check the Orange County beaches while around LA, and vist San Francisco which I never been before but always heard and seen its a beautifull place?

As for the VWP overstay, I was 16 or 17 years ago, that was like 12 years ago I don't even remember the dates quite well, I finished High School and my dads sponsored the whole trip so I was going to concerts, I even traveled from Los ANgeles to Canada for skying purposes, been to New York, Miami, lots of fun places but did not realice the impact of overstaying or paying attention to the departure date

What would be a better answer then? That's straight truth but sometimes you can make it look even better without lying which I plan NOT to.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What does look inconsistent? I plan on shopping, renting a car to check the Orange County beaches while around LA, and vist San Francisco which I never been before but always heard and seen its a beautifull place?
You forgot to mention San Diego. I think the point was that one week does not seem like enough time to visit 3 different cities. I guess you're only planning to spend a couple of days in each city?

What would be a better answer then? That's straight truth but sometimes you can make it look even better without lying which I plan NOT to.
There is no "better answer". You were simply negligent. You've already turned in the answer, anyway. Just answer honestly at the interview if you are asked about it.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Rene,

Probably 4 days in Los Angeles and with a rented car I've seen and remember cause I've been there Orange County is close by and so is San Diego, so maybe during the day I can drive around LA and places around, an for 3 days I might just drive up north to SFO which is like a ten hour driving stay there for two days and then come back to LA for departure... that's kinda what I plan to do I'm young so I don't really mind driving that much it helps you know places

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You forgot to mention San Diego. I think the point was that one week does not seem like enough time to visit 3 different cities. I guess you're only planning to spend a couple of days in each city?

There is no "better answer". You were simply negligent. You've already turned in the answer, anyway. Just answer honestly at the interview if you are asked about it.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... that's kinda what I plan to do
If you're really looking for something to help you, I suggest you write out a detailed itinerary of what you plan to do each and every day of your trip. Be specific.

The following comments are not specific - and are likely to make the officer think you have no idea what you're doing:

"Probably 4 days in Los Angeles..."
"... maybe during the day I can drive around LA and places around..."
"... for 3 days I might just drive up north to SFO..."
"... that's kinda what I plan to do..."

Be specific.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you're really looking for something to help you, I suggest you write out a detailed itinerary of what you plan to do each and every day of your trip. Be specific.

The following comments are not specific - and are likely to make the officer think you have no idea what you're doing:

"Probably 4 days in Los Angeles..."
"... maybe during the day I can drive around LA and places around..."
"... for 3 days I might just drive up north to SFO..."
"... that's kinda what I plan to do..."

Be specific.

Ian
Ian,

hour by hour? Like First day get up @ 7AM breakfast then head to... at night then... like that?

also, do I just write this and print it out in case the VO asks then I tell him/her here is my itinerary so u can see?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:15 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Ian,

hour by hour? Like First day get up @ 7AM breakfast then head to... at night then... like that?

also, do I just write this and print it out in case the VO asks then I tell him/her here is my itinerary so u can see?
Hour by hour is massive overkill, and also unrealistic. I would just write a day by day itinerary.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:31 pm

No, not THAT much details. Just day by day. It will help to show you have specific hotels in mind to stay at (you don't need to reserve now, but show the one you have in mind), and also proof that you've looked into renting a car (and that you have the funds to cover all your traveling around).

Yes. I'm not sure I'd wait for the VO to ask (they are well-known for NOT asking for further information). You can hand it over when you first approach the window, along with your other paperwork.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, not THAT much details. Just day by day. It will help to show you have specific hotels in mind to stay at (you don't need to reserve now, but show the one you have in mind), and also proof that you've looked into renting a car (and that you have the funds to cover all your traveling around).

Yes. I'm not sure I'd wait for the VO to ask (they are well-known for NOT asking for further information). You can hand it over when you first approach the window, along with your other paperwork.

Rene
Rene,

Thank you very much. I have not visited a US embassy for nearly 12 years or so, when the VO calls me he/she will ask for my passport and that's when I should provide them with all the paper in case they want to dive in?

As far as funds, I work for the GOV, been on this Job for 8 years, 5K USD salary/month, I'm bringing also a Job letter, as far as the funds, I don't have the cash in my bank account I always withdraw it and buy USD currency (keep it safe!), but I do spend lots of cash with my VISA (own two visa GOLDs) what could I bring in as proof of funds?

Thank you so much Rene!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

do I bring all the papers in a folder? do I put them in a particular order or make an Index so the VO can see where is each thing

Example:

Print out A4 page that says:

First 2 Pages Police Certificate and Court Documents
3 Page Travel Itinerary
Forth Page blah blah...

Bringing family pictures or anything like that will be of any help?

Thanks a lot this forum has been of GREAT help so far!!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:04 pm

do I bring all the papers in a folder?
If you want to, sure.

do I put them in a particular order or make an Index so the VO can see where is each thing
If you want to.

Print out A4 page that says:

First 2 Pages Police Certificate and Court Documents
3 Page Travel Itinerary
Forth Page blah blah...
You don't have to spell it out for them, no. They will know what they're looking at.

Bringing family pictures or anything like that will be of any help?
No.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:06 pm

Thank you very much. I have not visited a US embassy for nearly 12 years or so, when the VO calls me he/she will ask for my passport and that's when I should provide them with all the paper in case they want to dive in?
I've never been to a visitor's visa interview, so I don't know how it works. Also, when you read things on this forum, it usually pertains to London. Your US embassy might operate differently.

As far as funds, I work for the GOV, been on this Job for 8 years, 5K USD salary/month, I'm bringing also a Job letter, as far as the funds, I don't have the cash in my bank account I always withdraw it and buy USD currency (keep it safe!), but I do spend lots of cash with my VISA (own two visa GOLDs) what could I bring in as proof of funds?
Bring whatever you have that shows you have enough funds to cover your stay in the USA.

A lot of times, there are no black and white answers to these things. It's all up to the individual on a case by case basis.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.