Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

as far as the overstay when i was underage and travelled by myself for skying and concerts, this took place 12 years go, should I explain everything on the ds-160 or just say Overstayed WVP? Theres a question where they ask if you stayed unlawfully in th states and I assume overstaying automatically triggers a yes to that question right?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Your father is irrelevant. He isn't applying for a visa, you are. Try this:

2005 - Unauthorized possession of firearm - charges dropped, case dismissed
does the word allegedly make it nicer in legal terms? Im bringing all te court documents tho... sorry for the massive ammounts of questions I wanna domthe best¡
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:28 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catdogcali
does the word allegedly make it nicer in legal terms? Im bringing all te court documents tho... sorry for the massive ammounts of questions I wanna domthe best¡
YES. You were NOT guilty. The offence is therefore only 'alleged'.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Your father is irrelevant. He isn't applying for a visa, you are. Try this:

2005 - Unauthorized possession of firearm - charges dropped, case dismissed
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
YES. You were NOT guilty. The offence is therefore only 'alleged'.
Thanks!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
From your original post, it sounds like it's only you applying for a visa, right? Not your father?

If that's the case, I would put "I was charged for allegedly carrying a firearm; charges were dropped and case was dismissed."

Rene
Do i mention im bringing proof to the interview or thats assumed and the VO will ask if needed? Thanks a lot folks
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I've already given you the format that I think is best. You can either accept my advice or choose your own wording, it's entirely up to you.

You will be able to explain the allegation in full at your interview, there's no need to over elaborate at this stage. As Ian has pointed out, the "why" isn't really important right now.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:35 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Do i mention im bringing proof to the interview or thats assumed and the VO will ask if needed? Thanks a lot folks
You're going to get an email from the Embassy soon after submitting the DS-160 asking you to complete a VCU-1 where they will request all this evidence.

Just follow the guidance that's been written here previously, complete the form, then go from there when they get in contact.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

You're going to get an email from the Embassy soon after submitting the DS-160 asking you to complete a VCU-1 where they will request all this evidence.

Just follow the guidance that's been written here previously, complete the form, then go from there when they get in contact.
Can I cancel my prior da-160 and make a new one? Im supposed to bring the ds-160 confirmation next monday
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:45 pm
Banned

Can I cancel my prior da-160 and make a new one? Im supposed to bring the ds-160 confirmation next monday
Was it already submitted? Where are you supposed to being the confirmation to on Monday? The US Embassy??
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Was it already submitted? Where are you supposed to being the confirmation to on Monday? The US Embassy??
Monday is ASC day wed is the us embassy day, ASC Application Service Centee

Yes its been submitted
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Monday is ASC day wed is the us embassy day, ASC Application Service Centee

Yes its been submitted
I don't understand why you're asking how to fill out the DS-160 if it's already been submitted.

Rene
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

I don't understand why you're asking how to fill out the DS-160 if it's already been submitted.

Rene
I need to modify whats been submitted
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:20 pm
Banned

Rene
Exactly what I was thinking? And what about the request for a VVU-1?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Exactly what I was thinking? And what about the request for a VVU-1?
Whats vvu
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:22 pm
Banned

I need to modify whats been submitted
Too late now, unless you want more cost & a later appointment. What was wrong with the original DS-160?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.