Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B1 visa rejected because of h1, I am in crisis

B1 visa rejected because of h1, I am in crisis

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

venkatraghavan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B1 visa rejected because of h1, I am in crisis

hi,

I am working for an India company A, I filed my H1 throught a company B in Texas. My h1b visa was rejected last year under section 221(g). I have no update on this till now.
I am currently relocated to germany throught my only company I have be asked to trave to US on B1 from germany, but the us consulate rejected my B1 because my h1 petetion is still open.
Can any one tell me wht to do.
I have asked my employer B to widhraw my petition, how can I confirm the same, If i apply for another B1 after widhrawing can I get it.

Awaiting ur response
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B1 visa rejected because of h1, I am in crisis

Originally Posted by venkatraghavan
hi,

I am working for an India company A, I filed my H1 throught a company B in Texas. My h1b visa was rejected last year under section 221(g). I have no update on this till now.
I am currently relocated to germany throught my only company I have be asked to trave to US on B1 from germany, but the us consulate rejected my B1 because my h1 petetion is still open.
Can any one tell me wht to do.
I have asked my employer B to widhraw my petition, how can I confirm the same, If i apply for another B1 after widhrawing can I get it.

Awaiting ur response
Talk to the immigration lawyer of company B who has been dealing with your H1b application??
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Companies A and B seem common in these cases.

I think I would have a word with my current Employer's lawyer.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lisa67
Talk to the immigration lawyer of company B who has been dealing with your H1b application??
My company B who filed the petition, told me tht he has widhdrawn the petition last week upon my request, but how can I confirm the same.
all wht he says is he has done his job of widhdrawing the petition.....

i do want my B1 to be rejected again .
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... but how can I confirm the same.
You can't.

When you were denied under 221(g), what was missing from your application, and why haven't you supplied whatever it was?

Ian
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can't.

When you were denied under 221(g), what was missing from your application, and why haven't you supplied whatever it was?

Ian
It wasnt docs from my side. My employer was asked for some documents, which he couldnt produce to the consulate. Will
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

It wasnt docs from my side. My employer was asked for some documents, which he couldnt produce to the consulate. Will
I have a good job profile in germany, can I show my contract that I have signed as a proof of return.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My employer was asked for some documents, which he couldnt produce to the consulate.
Until your employer submits the required documents, nothing will happen... and the H-1B application will likely remain open for a year, after which it'll finally be deemed abandoned. Until that happens, all B-1 applications will likely be denied. If your H-1B employer can't or won't submit the papers, they should contact USCIS and withdraw the application.

Ian